JMV Concept Hugger & more...

• Premium Member
Yes the dog leg goes on chain side, straight disc side. Mine didnt have rubber grommets. Here are some pics hope it helps. If you need pics or have other questions let me know. 20170420_164104.jpg

20170420_163312.jpg

20170420_163242.jpg

20170420_163203.jpg

20170420_163148.jpg

20170420_163034.jpg

I mis-spoke about the grommets, they are nylon counter sinks. Also, my kit had white nylon washers. Do they go between the hugger and the dog leg and straight plates? Did you leave the spacer in at the center bolt? My concern is the bolt bottoming out before it snugs up, and then it affects the alignment of everything else. Even without the spacer, the two front side bolts are a hassle. Thanks for the help. Those are some nice axle adjusters also! Who makes them? 

Lightech makes chain adjusters which make adjustments easier. Not sure I understand the bottoming out issue. The black counter sink ones go between the hugger and bolt just like the picture and the nylon ones are the three front bolts towards the front. The inside brackets just have the bolts. Let me know what pics you need on the area you are having problems and I will try my best to get a clear shot for you. Also make sure you use blue loctic on all bolts.

• 4 weeks later...
I read the entire thread but no one indicated how much it costs either unpainted and painted? 
So how muchy?
For the JMV Hugger? Last time I checked with the currency conversion it was around $280. 

• Premium Member
I emailed them and this is the reply I got today translated from the French. At least they're responsive but too rich for my blood.

Hello
the price of the rear fender is painted 211.00 euros
the shipping cost is 50.00 euros
the delivery time is 15 days receipt of payment
paypal has ultime.concept@orange.fr
Best regards

There is also the R&G racing full hugger but it's still too much money for me even though it probably is pretty good but Revzilla sells it for more than list and I only found a bit less direct from GB.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/rg-racing-rear-hugger-yamaha-fz-09-fj-09-xsr900

What prompted this search was last year I had made a hugger extender from ABS (see photos) but it snapped off after about 8,000 miles last weekend. I also made a shock mud flap but having the Shad SH36 instead of the much smaller OEM side cases (see this thread https://fj-09.org/thread/526/flap-protect-rear-shock-road), I had no cross member to attach the mud flap and instead had to bond it to the frame above the swing arm. However, my mud flap blew around and impinged on the swing arm, so I removed it.

Despite its acute angle and not smothering the fly-off like a hockey goalie leaving the net on a break-away, my extender worked pretty well. In the interim yesterday I installed the aluminum extender I bought and used as a template for mine but at triple the length. So I negotiated a price for the real Pyramid CF extender in the below link. But it will take a while to get here from jolly ole England.   I found the same extender made of polypropylene for only a few dollars less so I opted for the CF unit for a bit of bling that is sympathetic to the mock CF on the FJ-09. He gave me 10% off what its buy now price. I'm going to use 3M doubled-side exterior tape after I thoroughly clean the mating surfaces and again use the screws and nuts as a belt and suspenders (after potting with epoxy the holes I'll drill in the CF extender), since I already drilled the OEM hugger.

20160812_175013.jpg

20160812_175838.jpg

20160812_182228.jpg

20160812_182236.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122482132487?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Archived