SAE to Gerbing Adapter for Heated Gear?

I want to run Gerbing heated gear using my battery tender pigtail.  I see there is an adapter.

Is anyone using this?  Since the battery tender pigtail comes with a 25A fuse installed, but the Gerbing gear calls for using fuse with amps just above combined load.  So for example gloves plus jacket liner might total 18 amps at full load, calling for no more than 20A fuse.  Did you do this?  I want to use for both, but battery tender wants 25A.

Thanks for any help.

• Premium Member
The 25A fuse is actually a nice fit for a circuit that draws 18 Amps. Just use that.

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

Im running my Garbing jacket/vest and gloves on a 15 amp fuse and having no problems.  My vest is the old style with wires (heated collar and sleeves) while the gloves are the new instant heating matts.  If you're using the pants too you might need more, but 15 amps works fine for my rig.  I used the spare cigarette socket location to install a BMW (or John Deere) style plug wired from the battery.  Will be using this also for winter charge maintenance.

• Premium Member
I ran my gear off the battery tender pigtail with one of those adapters for years. As long as you have a big enough fuse in it it's fine; the battery tender adapter is basically made of lamp cord, it's way over rated for the load. I used a 15A fuse, but you might need a bigger one depending on your gear.
2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

Archived