Zero Gravity windscreen

jetfixer

• Premium Member
Good news is Zero Gravity just listed this morning, on there web site, that they have now have both the "short Double Bubble" screen and "Sport touring" screens available for the FJ-09. The bad news is as soon as I tried to order they told me it was back ordered, (sound familiar?). If I understood correctly, (I've been up all night mind you and had a drink), they want a few orders before jumping into production. Hint. Sport tour screen is available in one color Light grey but the double bubble is available in many colors, see there web site. They both have a definite "bubble" and I'm not sure about the overall look with the bike but then again if it works, who cares? I don't. 
Bill
2015 Heeled by the hands of Nel's @ 2WheelDynoworks
K-Tech forks and shock
lots of other expensive unimportant stuff.
The "Ex" 2003 FZ1
Ride more, worry less.

• Premium Member
I liked my DB on my old Ninja, but I'm not sure that this is much better than stock.

Something doesn't make sense. They claim the ST screen is 1.75" taller than stock. But Yamaha says that the stock screen is 18" tall and ZG says the ST screen is 18.6" tall. ????

The ST screen looks to be 2" wider at its widest and it does have 5" of depth.

The DB screen is 3" shorter than stock and has the same 5" of depth.

I'd really like to see your review if/when you receive the screen.

• 2 weeks later...
I stay away from ZG screens. They are not DOT or TUV or any other form of safety approved. There are too many nice screens from companies like Rifle, Powerbronze, and Vstream that are approved to mess with the crap that ZG sells.

• Premium Member
Has anyone tried the ZG touring screen?
Unfortunately they still are on back order. I ordered the first day it was available for ordering and was told 4-6 weeks.
Bill
K-Tech forks and shock
The "Ex" 2003 FZ1
Ride more, worry less.

Guest bruinfj09guy
Has anyone tried the ZG touring screen?
Unfortunately they still are on back order. I ordered the first day it was available for ordering and was told 4-6 weeks.
 Ah. Well, I'm sure you'll let us know when it shows. 
I ordered an Ermax sport the other day, but am thinking I might splurge on a taller one for cooler weather/more noise reduction. The Ermax touring, Parabellum, Calsi, and now the ZG are all options. :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I stay away from ZG screens. They are not DOT or TUV or any other form of safety approved. There are too many nice screens from companies like Rifle, Powerbronze, and Vstream that are approved to mess with the crap that ZG sells.
I have used several Zero Gravity screens on 3 different bikes and have to disagree 100%.  They were well made, fitment was perfect and the did a great job on the bikes I fitted them too. 
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

Which doesn't change the point. They are not made to any safety standards. Acrylic shields may look ok but if something happens and they shatter you have razor sharp pieces in front of your face

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member
I gave up on ZG. I initiated emails with them about a year ago and was told the screens were done waiting to be added to there website. Months after that, the day they were finally added to there catalog for sale, I ordered and told it was back ordered. Months after that I had not received anything and cancelled my orders. Ridiculous.
I just went with Puig.
Bill
K-Tech forks and shock
The "Ex" 2003 FZ1
Ride more, worry less.

• 4 weeks later...
I just bought and installed the ZG sport touring screen... no help, and in the highest setting the wind noise is really bad.

For reference, I'm 6'1, wear a Shoei GT Air, and have the seat set to the low position.

I would say to the criticism of quality, I couldn't disagree more... I have owned a number of the double bubble screen over the years on multiple bikes... ZG's are well made, quality products. Just in this instance with the FJ09 it's not any better with wind noise than stock.

Archived