Virginia

tehnoah

^^^ Let me know when you guys want to try and do the TB sync and I'll ride down and we can have a maintenance day.
When are most people on here doing syncs? The manual has it on the first service and pretty often after that. 
The service manager at cycle city told me he had never seen a yamaha street triple that needed a TB sync on the first service...

Gents, I bought mine from Coleman's in NOVA at the Falls Church store. They charged about $60 for the TB synch. If you see a grey FJ09 on RT1, near Ashland/Richmond/NOVA with alligator eye lens covers on the headlights, it's me.

Trambo, definitely going with the PR4's when I swap out, so I can ride in our new climate - rain. Wondering if I have enough tread left to head down to Deal's Gap before buying new rubber. With rain from Apr 27th until May 23rd, I haven't had much chance to ride. Only have about 3600 miles on the bike.
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

^^^ Let me know when you guys want to try and do the TB sync and I'll ride down and we can have a maintenance day.
When are most people on here doing syncs? The manual has it on the first service and pretty often after that. 
The service manager at cycle city told me he had never seen a yamaha street triple that needed a TB sync on the first service...
Just skimmed though a thread on Throttle Body syncing, some good info here, seems some folks are going by the manual (cant argue with a Yamaha Engineer), while some are waiting to 4000 miles for first sync: http://fj-09.org/thread/1339/throttle-body-sync

Gents, I bought mine from Coleman's in NOVA at the Falls Church store. They charged about $60 for the TB synch. If you see a grey FJ09 on RT1, near Ashland/Richmond/NOVA with alligator eye lens covers on the headlights, it's me.  
Trambo, definitely going with the PR4's when I swap out, so I can ride in our new climate - rain. Wondering if I have enough tread left to head down to Deal's Gap before buying new rubber. With rain from Apr 27th until May 23rd, I haven't had much chance to ride. Only have about 3600 miles on the bike.
Alligator eye lens covers sounds bad-ass!  
Gotta love Colemans, I rented a Triumph Tiger 800 from them to try out before deciding on the FJ-09. They also do a good Zero electric bike demo day for anyone interested!

• Premium Member
4100 miles was all I got outta the rear on the Dunflop. It was squared off mightily, nearly to the point of cords so I had to do it. There was absolutely no way I'd gotten through a 1,000 mile week at the Gap with those on there.

Oh, and guys- If you see a Matte Grey with a red-striped rear wheel blasting around RIC like a douchebag flipping people off... Er, anyway... carry on.
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

Was wondering as the manual lists TB sync at 600 miles. Contacted my buddy in TN who was SM for a large multi-line Dealership for 12 years. He said he always made the mechanics check the sync at 600 miles and he can't remember a Yamaha that really was out enough to need adjustment. 4K miles sounds like a good mileage to check.

• Premium Member
If your TB Synch is out enough to need adjustment, you will be able to tell by the way it idles. I agree with others, I'll do mine at about 4K miles

• 2 weeks later...
Had a great ride today with Swoody and some of his riding buddies, the group consisted of a Ducati Multistrada, a Kawasaki ZR7-S (first one I've seen) and two FJ-09's. We rode from Newport News, VA to to Richmond, VA to attend the bi-monthly "Bikes at the Bottom" biker breakfast meet at Poe's Pub. There were plenty of interesting bikes to see, despite a large sport-touring and sport-adventure turn-out, we were the only riders on FJ-09's.

On the way we rode along some of SE Virginia's curviest roads, including RT 5 along the James River, on the way back, we took the longer way via RT 14, which was recently resurfaced, and has "worn itself in", with much less gravel than I remember a couple years ago when it was resurfaced--check it out if you're in the Gloucester, VA area! Snapped a few pics along the way:

2924ax5.jpg

2pshono.jpg

zthctg.jpg

2luxssn.jpg

xoe3ba.jpg

• Premium Member
Nice! Looks like fun.

• Premium Member
Richmond rider here. Just purchased today!!
Sweet!! Congrats to you! Details? Where'd you buy? What year? Color? Spill it! :)