Virginia

tehnoah

Have so much stuff to do this month. Watching all but the weekend of the 21st vanish into the world of obligations. Some of them are good things, so counting my blessings even if I'm not on the bike.
2015 Grey FJ09 with a few tweaks, 2007 HD Street Glide - Good Bike + Good Friends = Good Day.

Live in Spotsylvania, VA close to the BMW motorcycle dealer. In fact I got bike shops all around - BMW, KTM, all the japanese and Indian and Harley. I routinely cycle through them out of habit every few months :P And I commute to DC. Red FJ 09 on I-95 HOV could be me.

• 3 weeks later...
Hampton Roads, VA rider checking in, just picked up an eff-jay-oh-nine this weekend, also interested in the Shenandoah ride!
Hey man, I thinking I passed you this afternoon on Oyster Point Blvd! 
Silver 2016? I'm guessing you grabbed the model that was at Casey. I looked at it before I got mine and was in there the other day and it was gone!

I was on a red '15 with a white/black rev'it jacket.

Hit me up if'n you want to go for a ride!

edit: making assumptions here, as I haven't seen any other fj's in the area. Might not have been you  ::)

Silver 2016? I'm guessing you grabbed the model that was at Casey. I looked at it before I got mine and was in there the other day and it was gone!

edit: making assumptions here, as I haven't seen any other fj's in the area. Might not have been you  ::)
Swoody, you beat me to it...Yes, that was me you just passed, congratulations on finding an FJ! Did you have to go far? 
You're right, I rescued the lonely Matte Silver '16 from the corner of Cycle City! :D

We'll have to get together for an inaugural Virginia forum ride once I break it in!

Swoody, you beat me to it...Yes, that was me you just passed, congratulations on finding an FJ! Did you have to go far? 
You're right, I rescued the lonely Matte Silver '16 from the corner of Cycle City! :D

We'll have to get together for an inaugural Virginia forum ride once I break it in!

I wound up getting mine from a dealer in Fredericksburg. They had a demo model with a little under 200 miles on it fixed with the OEM hard cases and touring screen. 
Not sure how handy you are with a wrench, or if cycle city gave you some deal for the first service. But, they charged me just short of 200$ for my first service, which was basically an oil change and chain adjustment, no throttle body adjustment which would have cost an extra 80$.
I feel kind of dooped paying 200$ for maintenance I can easily do for the price of oil/filter

I will be purchasing the carb sync tool here shortly, to perform the TB sync myself.

Just hit 1000 miles today, only had it 2.5 weeks!!

Way to score some free OEM luggage and touring screen! 

I'll likely do the first service myself too, not much experience with multi-cylinder bikes, so it will be a learning curve. This video of a FJR TB sync makes it seem like it would be straightforward enough to learn: