Removing Fuel Tank

beberle

• 4 years later...
  • Supporting Member

Started my MCCruise install today which requires removal of the fuel tank. Had a hard time removing the fuel pressure hose. Seems the connector on my 2017 is a little bit different than the orange and blue pictured earlier in this thread. Here is a pic I found on the FZ-09 forum (credit to  excess-arrr-rider) that covers my connector. Insert flat head screwdriver and twist does the trick.

I really had to pull hard on the overflow and vent hoses to get those off. I had seen where someone else had just left them on and rerouted them down later, but a good pull and they came off.

Fuel Pressure Hose Removal.jpg

• Supporting Member
5 minutes ago, Heli ATP said:

Started my MCCruise install today which requires removal of the fuel tank. Had a hard time removing the fuel pressure hose. Seems the connector on my 2017 is a little bit different than the orange and blue pictured earlier in this thread. Here is a pic I found on the FZ-09 forum (credit to  excess-arrr-rider) that covers my connector. Insert flat head screwdriver and twist does the trick.

I really had to pull hard on the overflow and vent hoses to get those off. I had seen where someone else had just left them on and rerouted them down later, but a good pull and they came off.

That connector can be frustrating at times but they make specialty pliers just for that task.

61Rxp4M7YPL._SL1500___67364.1567191298.4

Buy Performance Tool W83115 Fuel Line Clip Removal Pliers with an...

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, betoney said:

That connector can be frustrating at times but they make specialty pliers just for that task.

Have these and they work very well on my 2015... but to my surprise, the 2017 indeed had a different fitting on there. Found out when working on my buddy's bike. Different trickery required.

Edited by piotrek
  • Thumbsup 2

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif