Vstream windshield coming!

vince

National Cycle had an ad in Cycle World for their new Vstream shield on the FJ.
Not listed on their website yet so gave them a call.............they are waiting on a few parts for the new mounting plates before it is listed.
Need to see more pics than the ad's but looked promising!

Do the shields allow us to keep the factory handguards in place? And can you leak a little info as to the exact heights on the taller versions? Thanks for getting around to the FJ...I have used your products on other bikes...have always been impressed with the quality of your products.

Do the shields allow us to keep the factory handguards in place? And can you leak a little info as to the exact heights on the taller versions? Thanks for getting around to the FJ...I have used your products on other bikes...have always been impressed with the quality of your products.
Based on the pictures, I'd say the factory handguards work just fine. 
Also interested in this product.  The additional screen down low looks like it could change the airflow pattern in a good way.

VStream makes an excellent product.  I don't think I've ever heard anyone say they were unhappy with one on any brand of bike.  It worked great on my Triumph Explorer.  Can't wait to see it on an FJ

• 2 months later...
http://www.nationalcycle.com/index.php/catalog/category/view/id/6055

Now listed on their site with pics for all 3 heights.

Glad I bought the shorty dark tint off eBay........saved $50

So with the Shorty V Stream all the way down I get a little buffeting similar to the OEM. I will effect the same cure of spacing the bottom of the shield 1/2" which will change the tilt to put my helmet back in clean air.

I figured I would have to do this as the heights are close to the same and the V Stream is farther away from the rider.

The V Stream does do a better job of redirecting the air flow off the torso.

With shield all the way up and my neck stayed dry today in the rain.

I think moving the top of the screen closer to the rider will be just enough and as I prefer a minimalist screen for summer I might get a Puig spoiler to attach for winter along with my heated gear.

It is a quality product and much more solid in it's proprietary mount and thicker screen than others. While it is not the perfect solution for me it is an improvement in both operation and appearance.

FYI: I am 6' 1", 190lbs with a 34" inseam

• 1 month later...
My tall V Stream arrived, and it looks very nice, I can't wait to be able to test it out. Anything will be better than the stock screen that I cut down to a "sport" size screen.
Pictures, or it never happened! 
:)
Well seeing how it's still snowing in my neck of the woods, I'm in no hurry to install it, it's just sitting next to the new heated grips, mirror extenders, and radiator guard.  When I receive my cruise control and the hand guard lights I will tear into it, until then there is no reason to bolt it on yet.  If you are referring to the "sport screen", well that pic will have to wait to.  I don't have pictures on the IPad, and Imgur takes forever to upload photos.  Yup, I'm more of a lurker than a flasher.  The good news is Spring is on the calendar, and the temps are rising next week.

Please post pics once you get the antlers mounted. I'm curious how they'll look. :)
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

I've scene the FZ-09 GYTR radiator guard. Where did you get the FJ-09 at?
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

Archived