How old are you?

I'm 62 , I started riding in the "summer of Sam" ...1977 .That was the year that idiot was shooting people in make out spots around NYC. We had a blackout that summer too , I was on my 72 Triumph Trident heading to Rockaway beach that night.
I'm 62 and a recovered addict. Just celebrated 41 years clean and sober in Oct. The reason I mention this is because I was in Harlem on the night of the blackout to buy drugs.  It was a pretty wild night. Made me laugh to remember. There is actually an American Experience episode about it on PBS.  The Summer of Sam was the end of my addiction and the beginning of my life.  The next year I got back into motorcycles.  

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm 62 , I started riding in the "summer of Sam" ...1977 .That was the year that idiot was shooting people in make out spots around NYC. We had a blackout that summer too , I was on my 72 Triumph Trident heading to Rockaway beach that night.
I'm 62 and a recovered addict. Just celebrated 41 years clean and sober in Oct. The reason I mention this is because I was in Harlem on the night of the blackout to buy drugs.  It was a pretty wild night. Made me laugh to remember. There is actually an American Experience episode about it on PBS.  The Summer of Sam was the end of my addiction and the beginning of my life.  The next year I got back into motorcycles.
WOW congrats on staying clean all those years, good job !!!!  Alot of people don't know what Summer of Sam is,but people of our age from NYC sure do...

I'm 25, and wanted this bike 3 years ago. I put money down for the GT on my b-day in April, and got the first one in Utah. Been riding for 9 years (and dirt bikes before that), and have ridden a ton of bikes. This had the looks, comfort and speed I wanted and liked the most

Archived