How old are you?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Freshly turned 26, knew I'd love the FJ based on the amount of long distance adventuring I'd been doing on my FZ-07. The FZ's sit relatively upright compared to a sport bike but after a mere 2 hours straight, I realized an even more upright S-T was next. So glad I went with FJ rather than FZ.

Mike
'15 FJ-09 - Candy Red. Mods: Cruizin cruise control, Givi D2122S WS & crash bars. Rivco anti-vibration highway pegs. Yamaha rear rack & softbags. RAM mount X grip at handlebar bolts. Shorty levers. Tail assembly shortened. FZ6 rubber pegs.
'05 Honda CRF450r
'77 Honda CB550f Super Sport

• 2 months later...
Seventy three, 32,000 miles on my 2015 fj in 14 months. Just finished my first Iron Butt SS 1000.
[em]Child![/em]   77 - and my butt is iron - and rusted! 

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

I'm 33, hoping to buy an FJ this weekend.
"I live at the end of a 1-way dead end street"

15' Yamaha FJ-09 Matte Grey - Current
04' BMW M3 AW/BLK 6MT Slicktop - Current (Daily)
89' Mazda Rx7 Black/LS1 6MT - Current (Track car)

62.....just got my first SS check (more goodies for the FJ).....this is motorcycle number 70 in over 50 years of never being without 2 or 3 (or 6) motorcycles. Street bikes, touring bikes, road race bikes, woods racers and few vintage bikes thrown in for grins. Already drooling over number 71....(2017 Husqvarna FE350)  58 HP!! 

Just had my 73rd B'day. Actually I have tried to give up B'days as counterproductive until I was reminded that the alternative is not good!

Picked up my FJ-09 in July of last year, just one year ago. Just passed 15,000 miles on it.

When I bought this one I kept my FJR1300 (96,000 mi) as I assumed I would keep that one for longer trips. However, once I did a long distance ride on the -09. the FJR just sat in my garage gathering dust. I simply fell for the light weight, better leg room (Old knees rejoice!), and quick handling. I have recently done several 500 to 700 mi days.

Being an unreconstructed farkel-er, I have changed out the suspension, windshield, Hand guards and several other performance items including a CPU flash, but I do that sort of thing to all my bikes. Personalization is one of the fun things about bikes.

Another thing I though I would miss is the big power of liter bikes. that has not proven to be the case. The power to weight ratio of the FJ-09 is actually pretty good, and I have never had a problem with speed, excelaration or or any power related issue.

Things like sore joints and other achs and pains related to aging are more to the point, but long days in the saddle and riding in all weathers are still very doable. The lighter, more nimble and better ergos of the FJ-09 are very positive. Light bikes rule! I wish I could calm the hand grip vibration a bit more...

Archived