• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Question About Yamaha Lowering Links-Lower Kickstand Needed

• 2 weeks later...
There is definitely a difference, but I wouldn't say you need to change the stand.   I haven't on mine.   But there are occasions when you need to be conscious of the slope in the pavement beneath you.  For instance, parking next to a curb can be dicey as the road generally slopes downward towards the curb stone.   A couple of times on group rides I found I could not just follow the bikes in front of me and park as they did - I needed to look a little harder to find a better position.

I have the factory Yamaha lowering links.   Some of the third party ones lower the bike even further, and I would strongly suspect those ones would necessitate a different stand.

I used Lust Racing lowering links which lower the bike a tad more than the Yamaha ones. Also lowered the forks. I have no problem with the stock sidestand. Bike is a bit more upright than stock but hardy noticeable. Now when I look at a stock bike I think its leaning too much!

I too have used the Yamaha lowering links and have not required to change the side stand. The change is only slightly noticeable.

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

• 1 month later...

Archived