Akrapovic Install On An FJ09

woozer

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The end all... I mailed Akrapovic and here's their response:

Question:

Hello from Canada, I have a question regarding you titanium exhaust S-Y9R3-HAFT for a 2015 Yamaha FJ-09. With this exhaust installed, with the Db killer in, does ANY remapping, or reflash of the ECU need to be done? Or, is it a straight "bolt on and go" application and it will not harm the bike's performance in any way? I have asked some dealers, and I keep getting different answers. Any clarification in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time. Thanks.

Answer:

Hello Mark,

I received a copy of your email from Akrapovic. They asked me to forward their response:

“No remapping is needed in this case with or without noise insert. No worries about the engine needed. Performance graphs on our web page are showing the results without remapping.

In case remapping is needed due to lean engine we clearly mentioned this on our web page. We expect that with EURO4 regulation we will have more cases when remapping will be needed, especially with complete lines.

Thank you.”

Cheers!

I guess he thinks his welds are going to crack or sumpin'. Bwahahahaha! I gotta say, people come up with the *oddest* questions sometimes....
-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

• Premium Member
I am fairly new to the Fj-09.  Just bought this year.  I have been a harley guy (and still keep the '11 Ultra).  The Fj is so fun.  I am considering the exhaust change to the Akrapovic.  My question is, with or without also using the smog blocks as well, do I have to remap the fueling/ignition as in the harley?

Thanks for any input.

I am fairly new to the Fj-09.  Just bought this year.  I have been a harley guy (and still keep the '11 Ultra).  The Fj is so fun.  I am considering the exhaust change to the Akrapovic.  My question is, with or without also using the smog blocks as well, do I have to remap the fueling/ignition as in the harley? 
Thanks for any input.

Yes.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• Premium Member
I ordered the TI Akrapovic system just now from Revzilla. I ordered the Graves block off plates too. Sounds like the exhaust is easy to install but the block off plates will be a PITA. I had to sign off a statement about CARB warnings too. Hope that is just Revzilla covering their heinies.

Thanks for any input.

No, you don't have to. The Titanium Akrapovic exhaust is designed to work with the stock bike.

Will the bike benefit from an ECU remap? Yes.

• Premium Member
I ordered the TI Akrapovic system just now from Revzilla. I ordered the Graves block off plates too. Sounds like the exhaust is easy to install but the block off plates will be a PITA. I had to sign off a statement about CARB warnings too. Hope that is just Revzilla covering their heinies.
Changed my mind and cancelled the order.  The bike has plenty of power, and at my age I don't need to be annoying the general populace with additional noise.  Gonna go stealth on this motorcycle.

• Premium Member
Still on the fence on this myself. I've been assured the akropovic Ti system has a great sound but not much louder than stock (baffle in), performance gains, and weight savings..  I think I'll be spending money on seat upgrade and cruise control first though..

Archived