MT-09 Tracer Police motorcycle - "a longer swingarm"

suncoaster

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
As a advanced Police rider, some 10 years plus on the bikes, I'd just like to add a couple of things.

I have ridden BMW K's various types, Pan Europeans (1100), FJR's and BMW RT's, by far the best bike I've used is the RT, Superb bike all the other had some faults but that would take me a while to go through each one.

I love my Tracer and while I do think it would make a good Police bike they would have to sort out a couple of things, the usual seat and screen etc.

Riding a bike for a few hours a day to working one are two different things so I'd love to test one for work and see just how comfortable it would be or 8 or more hours day after day.

One thing it would test would be reliability as Police bikes get hammered by many different riders, any problems would soon become apparent as would any handing problems as we normally carry a lot of stuff and ride at speed in difficult situations, any faults would soon come to the surface.

The blue lights are the same as I have on my RT , they really affect the high speed stability so I'd like to find out what that would be like..

It would be great to see a Tracer as a Police bike, a couple of years ago Honda got us to try a Crossrunner and all I'll say about that was no one loked it and it was totally unsuitable for us and was never adopted, thank god!,

Looks the part though

Buddha

If it gets done, maybe we should ask Yamaha to produce a few extra thousands of the police-specific seats for us ;-)
On a side note, police in some french cities area already use TDMs: http://news.motorbiker.org/blogs.nsf/dx/france-police-order-yamaha-tdm-900-motorcycles.htm
I've been pulled over by one a couple of years back. Civilian version. Could barely guess it was police the strobe lights were so small... I was very close to give them the finger and tell them to f*** off.

Archived