2016 FJ-09 Gathering Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge?

richlandrick

I'm not sure if this the best place to start this thread or not, but it had to go somewhere.

Is there interest in a North American FJ-09 gathering?  The Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge has been sensational for other groups (I'm not related to Iron Horse, just stayed there in the past).

The location is is central to some of the best riding in the country. Near the "Tail of the dragon" and Blue Ridge Parkway, Wheel's Through Time museum, and much more.

Spring and fall are most popular, but we would have to find an opening in their calender.

So, who's up for a North American FJ-09 gathering?

Also, let me know if there is an effort already underway and I'll delete this.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And, one of the best "Gatherings" i have attended was a V Strom event in Montrose, Colorado. Great riding!

Fantastic riding in that part of CO! 
I attend a BMW rally in Paonia every July and love the area.  In the Rockies, it would have to be late June - early Sept to avoid any possibility of snow in the higher passes...

• 3 weeks later...
Here is some information from the Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge....

Hi Rick,

Sorry it has taken a bit to get back to you. We are running on our winter schedule and relying on messages and emails. The open weekend slots that we have at the moment are as follows:

July 14,15,16
July 21,22,23
Aug 11,12,13 (some of our accomodations have already been reserved by others)
Aug 18,19,20
Aug 25,26,27 (some of our accomodations have already been reserved by others)
Sep 29,30, Oct 1 (some of our accomodations have already been reserved by others)

If you are interested in weekdays then you will have several more options.
Hope this helps!

Pam

I'll check into some of the other possible locations as well. 

richlandrick

• Premium Member
Definite possibility. The last August dates would be best for me right now. Definitely couldn't do anything before August. I need to get back over there and ride more since I've really only done the Dragon, the Cherohala, and the Foothills Parkway.

Archived