2016 FJ-09 Gathering Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge?

richlandrick

• Premium Member
Looks great, but, IMO, we need a head count of 6 to make it worth it compared to the other campground/cabin site listed. 
Headcount for Aug 25 - 29?  List what NIGHTS you'll be there, please.

Do we need mods to move this to a new thread of its own?

I'm in - could make it anytime that week thru Sunday.  

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
I'm in - could make it anytime that week thru Sunday.  

Great. Let's plan to be in Maggie Valley Friday afternoon to see Wheels Through Time. Maybe meet after lunch somewhere east of Chattanooga and ride over to Maggie Valley for dinner.  Sunday morning we hit the Dragon and maybe Cherohala Skyway early before heading home.

To everyone - DINNER @ FRANKIE'S TRATTORIA AUGUST 26.  Give me a head count, and I'll try to make a reservation when we get a little closer.

Lots of options for lodging and food in Maggie Valley.

Tentative rough idea of an agenda - Friday day - Highlands, Caesar's Head, Pisgah
Saturday - TN-32, Hot Springs, Roan Mountain, Little Switzerland
Sunday - Part of the Moonshiner 28, Tail of the Dragon, maybe Cherohala or 360/315 back towards Chattanooga

I wont be able to spend the weekend up there, but I would like to meet up with you guys and ride while you are up there..

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• 5 months later...
  • Premium Member
Sorry for the necro on an old thread but I'm seriously curious about this.

Did this FJ-09 meet-up happen and how did it go? Are there any plans to repeat the event in 2017?

I'm really interested in exploring the north Georgia area and also the blue ridge multi-state mountain riding at some point and an FJ-09 rally sounds like a lot of fun.

• Premium Member
2 of us rode together for 2 days. 3 of us rode together for 1 day. I think @britelitebob rode another day with another FJer.

I'd like to spend some time in north Georgia. Sounds like Bob is an expert about the roads.

I'm also watching for open track days at Little Talladega through Sportbiketracktime, TGPR, etc. Most groups have reasonable clothing requirements for their Novice groups. No one has posted schedules yet.

I'll be tight on time next year for multi-day rides, but I might have a window in April or June.

I am definitely down for another meet up. Just need at least a months notice to make sure I can adjust my schedule.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I'm a local in this area and you won't regret it. Anyone wants guided tours around western NC any time of the year, just let me know when you're going to be around and I'm yours. I also happen to know the Montrose area in CO very well and absolutely love it many happy mile around there before moving east.

• 2 weeks later...
I would be interested as well (especially after getting my suspension work from Matt!). In the past all of my motorcycle rides have been day trips, but I have done many multiday mountain biking trips all over the southern Appalachians. Getting my pets looked after makes this different from traveling/camping out of a truck! No place to handle them on the Yamaha... :)

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived