UK ECU Flash option

wessie

• Premium Member
can't you get one of your corporate helicopters to drop it off and bring it back in the same day?
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

What's the difference between this and the O2 controller people have mentioned? Is this a more complete option?
I'd like to see what the difference was between either option and stock without paying up front! I don't think the throttle is that bad most of the time

• Premium Member
If this mirrors what Nels offers in the US then it will provide better fuelling without the addition of any hardware. All of the necessary hardware is on the bike so why duplicate anything? However, a 3rd party programmer can use values for settings for optimum performance not to meet some arbitrary noise or emissions test. As we know from the VW fiasco, those tests are deeply flawed and actually provide the consumer with an inferior product.

If you are happy with the fuelling, like me, then maybe not worth doing.

If you are happy with the engine braking, like me coming from big twins, then don't bother.

If you don't want the fan to come on earlier as you don't live or visit Spain often then don't bother.

Your O2 controller may help with fuelling but it won't change the other settings mentioned above.

Of course, this mod is more popular in N America due to the 115mph speed limit and in France as bikes sold before 2016 will have a limit on power output - both of these can be defeated with a change to settings in the ECU.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Thanks. Certainly not fussed with the other bits. No reason yet to spend out on it for the sake of it. I'll see if as time goes on the throttle bothers me more. I've only really noticed it when filtering, the rest of the time I can feel the jerkiness but it doesn't affect my ride

• Premium Member
Bagster seat, screen change, Keis heated jacket, heated grips, bar muffs, grip puppies. Should be a bit of a clue where my riding priorities lie.

Archived