Motor cage

• 7 months later...
  • Premium Member
Still looking for a way to mount highway pegs to FJ-09. I had some mounted directly to motor sidecases and had a spill and needed to buy another motor side cover
The SW Motec crash bars are not only protective but give a nice place to mount highway pegs.  I haven't done that myself, I use mine to hold a GoPro :-), but I know others have posted pics of that setup.  A quick search turned up this one: 
http://fj-09.org/post/14724

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

• 2 months later...
  • Premium Member
Anyone seen the CrazyIron crash bars for the MT-09 Tracer on ebay ? I think they're Russian.
Not bad looking, I'll stick with the SW-Motech though.
I've been eying that one too.  I have the SW-Motech bars on mine as well, but the CrazyIron ones look like they might work in combination with the SWs and provide better engine protection as well as a better place to mount highway pegs.  Could end up looking pretty busy though.  Hmmm... 

Anyone seen the CrazyIron crash bars for the MT-09 Tracer on ebay ? I think they're Russian.
Not bad looking, I'll stick with the SW-Motech though.
I've been eying that one too.  I have the SW-Motech bars on mine as well, but the CrazyIron ones look like they might work in combination with the SWs and provide better engine protection as well as a better place to mount highway pegs.  Could end up looking pretty busy though.  Hmmm...
Hey, those look pretty good! Thx for the heads up.

Ty

'05 Bandit 1200s ( Blue and White ) Bandit pic

2015 FJ-09 ( RED ) FJ-09 pic

Archived