300 Miles on Her and This Happened--Can I Sell This Old One?

Some kind of wood punctured my rear tire.  Man this sucks.

Just ordered a Roadsmart 2 for the rear, which I should get installed Tuesday.  Hope I did good ordering this tire.

Any market for my old tire with <300 miles on it? Will someone buy it cheap as a plugged spare?

E8C95C03-22EE-42E6-AD50-7DC7E890156A_zpsobbjyt8m.jpg

• Premium Member
That being right in the middle of the tread, I wouldn't have any qualms plugging it and riding until the tire wears out. Done it several times with no issues.
ABSOFÚCKINGLUTELY
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Plug it, and ride that tire till it's worn out.
IF you are at all worried about the plug, get a plug/patch type installed, it not only plugs the hole, but has a patch on the inside that is part of the plug, you install them from the inside, so you have to pull the tire, but they absolutely don't leak, and you can't throw the plug at high speed either. (But a standard push in plug would likely never throw either, and not leak either, and it's less work and cheaper.)

I like the stock tires. They don't track ruts, seem to grip well, and have worn pretty well too.

That being right in the middle of the tread, I wouldn't have any qualms plugging it and riding until the tire wears out. Done it several times with no issues.
ABSOFÚCKINGLUTELY
Are you sure?   lol….  Okay. Point taken. This is my first flat since starting to ride in 2008. I ordered a tire but will sell my stock tire with 300 miles on it cheap soon….

I ordered a tire but will sell my stock tire with 300 miles on it cheap soon….
Do you have time to cancel the order?  That is the safest location for a plug, no where near a sidewall. Some of the money you save could go to a small compressor and road side patch kit. 
1980 Yamaha 850 Triple (sold). Too many bikes to list, FJ-09 is next on my list

Archived