Lets play, what is this for?

• Premium Member
Under the rear seat, on the right side just before the front seat, is this plastic cover with some braided wire in it. Wonder what it is for?

20150116_103247_zps561dd49c.jpg20150116_103224_zps01afa25a.jpg

Under the right forward fairing cover are these three plugs, wonder what they are for?

20150118_114448_zpsa39f5662.jpg

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• 1 year later...
Under the rear seat, on the right side just before the front seat, is this plastic cover with some braided wire in it. Wonder what it is for? 
20150116_103247_zps561dd49c.jpg

I was just about to post up asking about this today. Has anyone found out what the under seat wire was for?
'15 FJ-09 (Red) - DIY OEM Tidy Tail - Updated Oil Pan

20150116_103247_zps561dd49c.jpg20150116_103224_zps01afa25a.jpg

Under the right forward fairing cover are these three plugs, wonder what they are for?

20150118_114448_zpsa39f5662.jpg

Brad
Selbyville, DE

The braided wired mentioned is supposedly a helmet holder. The problem is that a hook under the seat that should be there to hook the wire onto once running it through the helmet does not exist therefore the "helmet holder" is useless.
Brad
Selbyville, DE

The braided wired mentioned is supposedly a helmet holder. The problem is that a hook under the seat that should be there to hook the wire onto once running it through the helmet does not exist therefore the "helmet holder" is useless.
The hook exists. I've used it. It's cumbersome but it works fine.

• Premium Member
Not true. The helmet holder is there. The braided wire is separate from the one in the picture which hooks to the ground of the battery.  
link

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Link, I believe what I posted is true. The braided wire talked about IS NOT shown in any of the pictures. I believe the picture shown is the area where the braided wire is housed. If you or anyone can tell me where the hook for the helmet holder is (that is mentioned in the owners manual) I would greatly appreciate it.
Brad
Selbyville, DE

Not true. The helmet holder is there. The braided wire is separate from the one in the picture which hooks to the ground of the battery.  
link

Just to clear things up, here is what the helmet "cable" looks like installed. I found mine in the tool pouch: 

IMAG2548_zpsa9rchcjk.jpg
'15 FJ-09 (Red) - DIY OEM Tidy Tail - Updated Oil Pan

Link, I believe what I posted is true. The braided wire talked about IS NOT shown in any of the pictures. I believe the picture shown is the area where the braided wire is housed. If you or anyone can tell me where the hook for the helmet holder is (that is mentioned in the owners manual) I would greatly appreciate it.

Brad
Selbyville, DE

Thanks for posting the photo. That is the cable I was referring to. Also, thanks for identifying the hook. When I first looked at it I wasn't aware that the end of the hook was open, it looked to me like it was a closed end. I blame 60 year old eyes on that one. Again, thanks!  Sorry Link, looks like YOU were correct!!

Brad
Selbyville, DE

Archived