exhaust and remap

jeravoy

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly G.P. that's what I'm talking about! Sounds like another member has their own opinion on ixil and that's fine,reason is once again everybody has one! I'm running full ixil no remap and bike is running great!
I don't know if your sole purpose here is to troll, but it certainly looks like it.  

You have a knack of making bold and unsubstantiated claims, particularly relating to Ixil exhausts.  I am glad that you are happy with your exhaust, but seeking constant validation for your choice sounds more like buyers remorse than anything else.  Your arse dyno suggests the bike is running "great".  Experience tells me that extra noise has a habit of giving that impression.  Please don't confuse "great" with "properly".   I suggest you Google stoichiometry, emissions standards and engine control, and educate yourself before trolling further.  

Fact; although a bike may operate satisfactorily without an ECU remap, it will not be optimised.  I have an Akra, without a re-map, and it is adequate (with the baffle inserted) for my commute without a re-map, though would definitely benefit from some ECU tweaks.  Without the baffle, my particular bike is is too lean on part throttle/light load, and requires a re-map to function properly.

Fact; no amount of sensors on your bike will "compensate" for the exhaust, outside of the (narrow) OEM range of adjustment. 

Fact; Dyno sheets from independent testing suggest that the Ixil supplied figures are incorrect.

Of course, you could always put your money where your mouth is, and put your bike on the dyno.  Otherwise, why not give it a rest.........

• 3 months later...
I have just taken Ixil off - it made 105 hp after remap - stock after remap usually make 108hp. Seat of the pants says not much difference, but looking at how the TC cuts in, tahat might just be a perception due to the extra noise - the TC cuts in a lot more with the stock exhaust indicating harder acceleration.

I'm not one to recommend something that is no good which some people seem to do because they think buying something duff reflects badly on them. If you like the looks of the Ixil system, the build quality is fine, you don't lose much power, it sounds Ok - then go for it, especially if you can get it cheap (I got for £320). If you want to buy a second hand system, let me know!

Archived