New MT-10

santacruz

• Premium Member
I doubt they will do a Sports Touring MT10 Tracer - I quite like the bike but inline fours have never done well in this sector. Like the MT01, it will be a niche bike just to have something aggressive looking in the range. It's all about twins, triples and V4s in the naked & sports touring market - in Europe as this is all about the MT range and all references were about sales in Europe in the presentation. There is nothing to say the US or elsewhere will get the bike.

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I doubt they will do a Sports Touring MT10 Tracer - I quite like the bike but inline fours have never done well in this sector. Like the MT01, it will be a niche bike just to have something aggressive looking in the range. It's all about twins, triples and V4s in the naked & sports touring market - in Europe as this is all about the MT range and all references were about sales in Europe in the presentation. There is nothing to say the US or elsewhere will get the bike.  

I wouldn't be surprised if they did a Sport Touring MT10. People would love to brag, "It's basically an R1 set up for touring." Even though it's really not. It would sell a lot of bikes. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't do it as well though.

As far as coming to the US market, I'd be very surprised if the MT10 doesn't come to the US in the form of a FZ-10. They would sell like hot cakes. The naked bikes are very popular over here and to have the R1 parts would be a huge selling point.

• Premium Member
I wish they had done a new MT 01 with the v max engine,and a smaller super tenere.
the Tenere is a smaller Super Tenere...
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Yes but it hasn't been updated in years,the 660 engine is ancient,definitely needs a new version.
it's like a C90 - sells well, used worldwide. don't fix what isn't broke - well apart from using better wheel bearings. Seems to be a weak spot with my friends who ride across Europe in winter, the ferking idiots.  
Honda have tried a mid range, upmarket Adv bike with the Transalp. They don't sell well. BMW have the market wrapped up with the F650 & F800. 

Yamaha have it right, sticking with the Tenere which has a strong niche following with people who are proper adventure riders who dismiss the whole Charlie and Ewan ersatz ADV market where people wear camelbacks, use TKC80 tyres and use aluminium panniers to go down the shops. 

One word.

UGLY.

Fugly is a nice version... That is one ugly bastard child of an R1 engine naked bike.

However, have you guys seen the MT09 for 16?

Oh my, round classic headlight, round gauges, tail light, and sweet wallet hold on for dear life, they moved the oil drain plug to the FRONT OF THE OIL PAN where it should have been from the start... LOL

And the stock exhaust coated black makes me weak at the knees too... Dang have some work to do this winter. ;)

Archived