Could not wait until Spring

donaldb

One day old and took red out for a brief ride as it was a balmy, abnormally warm 5 degree day.  Feels 200cc more compact but 400 cc more powerful than my Versys and I did not open it up at all.  What a bike.  More fun than my track bike and nicer to ride than my old RSV Factory.   Are you kidding me.   The bike that I have been waiting for since the brilliant multistrada was launched.   Tried to Raise the seat but not a tight fit...must be doing something wrong.   Now winterized until spring....no late
winter as this bike will not wait.  For my biking interest, I will lurk....the forum is starting to buzz with understandable excitement & info as bikes are hitting the road, and thoughts of farkling.   

• Premium Member
Wow, 5 degrees. Not for this southern California candy a$$. Just be careful of ice. One of the guys on the FJR forum could not wait for warmer weather, and crashed his bike on ice the first time out!!!
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Wow, 5 degrees. Not for this southern California candy a$$. Just be careful of ice. One of the guys on the FJR forum could not wait for warmer weather, and crashed his bike on ice the first time out!!!
He's in Toronto. +5 C = 41 F. We hit 40 F here in Ottawa Sunday with light rain. But my 8% driveway was still compact snow/ice, and they use SO much salt here. Saturday morning it was -21 C, and the bare dry main roads were very white from salt dust. I brought my FJ-09 home with an enclosed trailer Thursday afternoon in -11 C weather. 
My FJ-09 will get its first ever ride in Spring after heavy rain has rinsed all the salt away, likely early April. 
FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

Guest eatpasta
I totally understand not wanting to wait. Hey as long as you have a garage, a beer and a chair, you can go Egan style and just sit there and drink and look at the bike....

• Premium Member
Welcome donaldb. 
We for almost to 40F here yesterday, but it was raining like crazy, and there was leftover black ice from the prior cold snap and overnight rain. No riding for me since the weekend after the New Year. :-(
We for almost to 82 degrees F here this past weekend. :D So what our taxes are high, and we give everything away, at least the weather is great.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived