What are the threaded holes for in the upper triple?

• Premium Member
I know exactly which ones you are talking about.  I bought the bike and had the same question in my first couple posts.  Everything I have been told here is for accessories.  I just thought it looked like something was missing from the dealer. 
just part of the trend for modular building - using the same frame for several models keeps costs down. Triumph are masters with this. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• 2 months later...
This is what I am thinking.  I picked one up but have yet to mount it.  http://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-272U
I would think that anything mounted there for RAM mounts would conflict with the speedo.  Try it.  I like the Ram balls mounted to the risers: 
4350299.jpg

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

This is what I am thinking.  I picked one up but have yet to mount it.  http://www.rammount.com/part/RAM-B-272U
I would think that anything mounted there for RAM mounts would conflict with the speedo.  Try it.  I like the Ram balls mounted to the risers: 

Hey Redfjniner - Please tell me more about your balls - Ram balls on the risers that is.  Brand, source, price etc.  TIA.

Hey Redfjniner - Please tell me more about your balls - Ram balls on the risers that is.  Brand, source, price etc.  TIA.

RAM Handlebar Clamp Ball.  I also put a 1/4" sleeve/riser under the ball to raise up up for better adjustments.

• 1 year later...
This was a while back that you posted this, but you posted with a photo of the RAM 1in Balls attached to the bars. Do you know if that is the standard M8 bolt with 1.25 thread?  I don't want to order one and have it not fit.  
Cheers

This was a while back that you posted this, but you posted with a photo of the RAM 1in Balls attached to the bars. Do you know if that is the standard M8 bolt with 1.25 thread?  I don't want to order one and have it not fit.  
Cheers

I go to ACE Hardware and compare with the bolts in the bins. 

Archived