Anyone been able to get Yamaha heated grips lately?

I've had some ordered since early August from my local dealer.  Was told they would be here in Oct.  In Oct. they said they would be here Nov. 20.  Nov. 20 (yesterday) they said Jan. 17.  Obviously my hands will be popsicles before they come in.  Does anyone know another source that actually has them?  Alternately, has anyone gotten another brand grips to work with the Yamaha control module, seems like I remember someone working on that?  Oxford heated grips work great (got them on another bike), but don't want to add another control box on the dash.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Getting the OEM heated grips is a chore. Same story when I purchased my FJ in June. Finally received them at the end of September, after a guy from the parts counter called around to check other dealerships inventory. See if you can get your dealership to do the same.

http://fj-09.org/post/25140/thread - relevant posts from the huge FJ today thread.

I am happy with the grips after installing them. They get really warm, and I love having the 3 presets. You don't even need to look at the screen to make the changes since it's all controlled with your left hand. 

I finally got the phone call from the dealer last week that the heated grips I ordered in June had arrived. Problem is that in Wisconsin there is already snow on the ground, and I want to get the bike to the dealer to do the install because he offered to install any accessories for free that I ordered at the time I purchased the bike. Hopefully next week...

I finally got the phone call from the dealer last week that the heated grips I ordered in June had arrived. Problem is that in Wisconsin there is already snow on the ground, and I want to get the bike to the dealer to do the install because he offered to install any accessories for free that I ordered at the time I purchased the bike. Hopefully next week...
Which dealer in WI?  My bike is sitting at Mukwonago Yamaha waiting for the grips to show up.  This could be good news 

Which dealer in WI?  My bike is sitting at Mukwonago Yamaha waiting for the grips to show up.  This could be good news
Port Washington Yamaha.
I'm dropping the bike off either this Fri or Sat and picking it back up next week.  They said they have not installed heated grips on an FJ-09 yet so they want my bike for at least a day or two.
Like I said, I've had the grips on order since June when I bought the bike, and unlike the bags/mounts/locks where calls to Yamaha USA got them to me faster, multiple calls to Yamaha about the grips only got me yet another delivery date.  Personally, I'm really irritated that Yamaha took my money in June for an accessory they couldn't deliver until November.

Port Washington Yamaha.
I'm dropping the bike off either this Fri or Sat and picking it back up next week.  They said they have not installed heated grips on an FJ-09 yet so they want my bike for at least a day or two.
Like I said, I've had the grips on order since June when I bought the bike, and unlike the bags/mounts/locks where calls to Yamaha USA got them to me faster, multiple calls to Yamaha about the grips only got me yet another delivery date.  Personally, I'm really irritated that Yamaha took my money in June for an accessory they couldn't deliver until November.

The grips are very easy to install.  I've never changed grips on anything, let alone heated grips before I installed my own on the FJ.  It took me a few hours, but that's only because, as I already said, I've never changed grips before on anything, including a bicycle.  These things are literally plug and play.  I would hope a dealer could do it as quickly as I can.

Archived