Anyone been able to get Yamaha heated grips lately?

• Premium Member
Try eBay for the rear rack. Several on there last month.  ;)
Thanks, I did eventually get it but it took quite few months.
Bill
2015 Heeled by the hands of Nel's @ 2WheelDynoworks
K-Tech forks and shock
lots of other expensive unimportant stuff.
The "Ex" 2003 FZ1
Ride more, worry less.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Sorry you guys are having trouble getting your grips. All I can say is they are worth the wait. 40 degrees F in the mountains today, setting 5/10 and no freezing hands. I cant believe Yamaha hasn't caught up by now. They've had a year. 
Ty
Economics 101 - restrict supply to keep the price up...although they seem to be overdoing it a tad :)
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Sorry you guys are having trouble getting your grips. All I can say is they are worth the wait. 40 degrees F in the mountains today, setting 5/10 and no freezing hands. I cant believe Yamaha hasn't caught up by now. They've had a year. 
Ty
Aren't they the same grips as on the S10 and FJR? From what I hear, they have a long history of supply issues with nearly all their accessories. Doesn't matter if there's a new bike that takes them or not.

• Premium Member
Non-Yamaha grips will be here in a couple days and will do the job just as well. And, they don't have the temp imbalance problem a number of folks have complained about with factory grips...
Are you sure about that? The "heat imbalance issue" is endemic to most heated grips by virtue of the fact that the throttle tube always provides additional insulation on the right side. I've encountered the "heat imbalance issue" on every set of heated grips I've ever tried, including both aftermarket and BMW factory grips.

• Premium Member
I see Louis.de has a stock of the lovely old school Daytona heated grips with the analogue controller. These are fantastic and were always top of the reviews in the UK. https://www.louis.de/en/artikel/daytona-heated-grip-set-for-metric-handlebar/10032048
40 euros

Not sure if they are new stock or a batch of the original ones found in the back of a warehouse. I bought a set in 2011 (with Hein Gericke branding) which had Made in Japan 1995 on them. Fitted them to my Super Tenere. Excellent product, although I went with the flash OE set on the Tracer as my dealer offered a discount.

10032048_860_FR2_04_13.JPG
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

nice wessie! They look much like my el cheapo Bikemaster ones. For some reason I would take the bike apart but I was scared of switching grips ;)

Having done it a few times Im happy to get cheap. If I dont like em, time for the trash bin. But I love em, dont know why I rode 10 years without doing this upgrade.
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

Are the grips becoming available or is Yamaha holding out? I sent an email to my Dealer, Mukwonago Yamaha in WI, who is GREAT to deal with, reminding him that it is riding season here in FL and I really want my FJ-09 with the heat grips down here SOON. I told him my poor Super Tenere is getting whipped like a rented mule trying to run with the fast company I keep down here and if I I couldn't get the FJ with the grips here SOON to put it on consignment and I would buy something down here. He called Yamaha and bitched and they promised him the grips would be in his shop by Monday. As exciting as that is to hear it kind of makes me wonder what is going on?

I got a set on ebay from a dealer back east. I haven't been able to install them however as the 12mm hex socket I ordered was stolen from its' packaging before delivery.

Once I get my grips installed I'll see if I can cancel my order at the dealer. If not, I'll sell them here.

WooHoo! After only 4 months of waiting my heated grips finally arrived, installed them today. Thankfully it's been a very mild winter so far in the deep south (USA). Thanks to Ulewz for the great install guide. I don't think I would have figured out the right side cable routing without it, the Yamaha instructions are a bit lacking. Will try them out tomorrow. High supposed to be 60, so they should feel good in the morning. Hopefully no more numb fingers!

Archived