Anyone been able to get Yamaha heated grips lately?

• Premium Member
Mine arrive 12/29. Woo Hoo! Ordered them in May. Ha Ha so sad! But, didn't really need them until now, so it's all good.
Merry Christmas everyone!
Cheers
Installed mine on 12/30  - so happy, since it has been below 50F for several weeks (I know, that is not that low, but I've got that thin California blood)
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Just finished a three hour ride here in sunny, but cold northern California (I know, not very cold to many of you). Highest temp I saw was 53F and the heated grips were so sweet! I am so glad I waited for the OEM ones to come into stock. The integration is really nice and very clean.
Cheers
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

• Premium Member
Just finished a three hour ride here in sunny, but cold northern California (I know, not very cold to many of you). Highest temp I saw was 53F and the heated grips were so sweet! I am so glad I waited for the OEM ones to come into stock. The integration is really nice and very clean. Cheers
 USPS lost mine. They were supposed to be here Dec. 21st. Oh well, just my luck. I could have used them on my ride today (54 degrees F) Glad you like yours. 
Jon

• Premium Member
Just finished a three hour ride here in sunny, but cold northern California (I know, not very cold to many of you). Highest temp I saw was 53F and the heated grips were so sweet! I am so glad I waited for the OEM ones to come into stock. The integration is really nice and very clean. Cheers
 USPS lost mine. They were supposed to be here Dec. 21st. Oh well, just my luck. I could have used them on my ride today (54 degrees F) Glad you like yours.
Hope you get them soon.  They are worth the wait.  The ability to adjust the heat level within each setting is really cool!Cheers 
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

• Premium Member
I requested a set for Christmas, and suggested an online dealer that I saw on one of the threads here (link).  They didn't show as out of stock, so I called to verify, and was told they were out of stock but would have some in early January.  I was pleasantly surprised to open them up on Christmas, so I asked about it and was told that they were ordered 2nd week of December and showed up on the 23rd.  With these, some LEDs, and an ECU to pull, looks like I have some work ahead of me.  

• Premium Member
USPS just delivered 2 sets. The first set was lost. The merchant canceled that order and sent a new set. They must be easy to come by now.
I think a big batch became available mid-December.  Installed mine this afternoon.  Some thoughtful touches on them (like the left hand routing).  Now I need to ride. 

Installed and road tested my OEM grip heaters Saturday 55F works very well, clean installation. Instructions were pretty helpful. Now with Corbin seat, Madstad windshield, Garmin 660 ,Shad SH36 side cases and a set of PR4's on deck I'm ready for serious road trips this season.

15J09-05FJR1300-07DL1000-16GSX1000S

• Premium Member
Installed and road tested my OEM grip heaters Saturday 55F works very well, clean installation. Instructions were pretty helpful. Now with Corbin seat, Madstad windshield, Garmin 660 ,Shad SH36 side cases and a set of PR4's on deck I'm ready for serious road trips this season.
Glad to hear you have your bike dialed.  That is how I feel about mine - ready to rock.  Now I just need the rain to stop. 
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

• Premium Member
Keep dialing my 3 settings down on Yamaha's 1-10 scale. I'm at 2, 5, 8. 2 is good with my winter gloves in the 50s or my summer gloves in the low 60s. 8 is good with my winter gloves in the mid-20s. Haven't ridden in anything colder and I really, really try not to ride in temperatures that cold. :) In sunny weather above freezing with NO ICE, I could probably ride comfortably all day in mid-30s weather with these grips, my heated jacket, a Gore Windstopper neck gaiter, and some thermal leggings.

It's always fun to ride to work on days like these and hear "You came on that thing? You're braver than I thought" or maybe they said crazier instead of braver, but I know what they really meant.

Archived