License plate/turn signal mod with Yamaha luggage bags

fj09

Hi All,
I'm new on here so forgive me if this has already been discussed, but I could not find anything pertaining to this topic.
I want to get rid of the extended plate and signals (clean up the fender area). BUT I'm ordering the Yamaha luggage bags (which I will probably not use during most rides). Is there a fender eliminator that is nice/clean and safe in terms of signaling that will work with luggage?
Also, I'm looking to get clear lenses with amber bulbs OR switch to LEDs for the front signals.
Thanks guys!  I'll keep searching this forum for answers in the meantime.
Cooper

You can get a tail with integrated signals, which is what I did. I cant list the manufacturer as they are not a sponsor. I also threw on smaller turn with integrated lights from eBay in the rear as well. They are super bright and effective.

FYI....I did a cheap DIY eliminator. I simply removed the extension piece on the OEM bracket, and the other half of it mates up to the oem holes. Easy peasy.

4sJuSsX.jpg
RdKnyWV.jpg

• Premium Member
there's no restriction on naming suppliers - as long as you don't do it in the sponsored vendor section
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

please feel free to link to items. Sharing the info is what the forum is about. As wessie said, refrain form naming other suppliers in the vendor section.
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

Copy that. Didn't want to pee in anyone's cheerios!

With that being said....My tail light is from MotoDynamic, and I LOVE IT. Super bright, and I love the strobing feature when the brakes are applied. The turn signals were sourced from eBay.

I found this nice fender eliminator on eBay and its good quality at a great price. He also makes on with turn signal brackets. I used an integrated taillight. 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FJ-09-FJ-09-FJ09-Yamaha-Fender-eliminator-Tail-Tidy-2014-2016-NTS-P-L-/271899011302?hash=item3f4e71a8e6:g:kvYAAOSwajVUN~Xq&vxp=mtr

I have the one with the signal brackets. Easy install, great price, looks really good!

Front turn signals:

You can't beat Proton LEDs. I have them as front and back signals on my FZ1. Acrylic construction, embedded LEDs and built in resistor. They are the brightest signals I have ever used. I bought mine thru Cycle Gear,but they don't carry them anymore. Everything I found takes me to this company,

http://www.hightechspeed.com/products/ProtonLights/

I bought the genuine Yamaha one and flipped the blinker mounts over so the original blinkers which I like fit, they are different to the massive things you Yanks have, think they are the same as the Euro ones. Also took out the extended ladder section they give you to leave the fender in the state behind you. Looks like a aftermarket one but still fits between the bags.

• 2 weeks later...
You can get a tail with integrated signals, which is what I did. I cant list the manufacturer as they are not a sponsor. I also threw on smaller turn with integrated lights from eBay in the rear as well. They are super bright and effective. 
FYI....I did a cheap DIY eliminator. I simply removed the extension piece on the OEM bracket, and the other half of it mates up to the oem holes. Easy peasy.

Can you elaborate and discuss the plate Extension removal?  Also, which blinkers are those and do they sync with the moot dynamic taillight?  Just bought the taillight and I like your setup. Thx in advance.  

Archived