VCycleNut Flash

Assuming the flashes are priced the same, why wouldn't I use the forum supporter business? Aren't these more or less the same service?
I'm not sure they are the same on either price or overall product.  I believe they start off with the same flash tune.  From there, I know 2wheeldynamics tunes the fueling on the dyno specific to the exhaust on the bike and have posted the dyno results to prove their results on this forum for various exhaust options on the market now.  This aspect is more of an art form to get the most out of an engine.  From what I understand, they are among the best in the business at this.  There is a 4+hp boost at the rear wheel just by their tune on an otherwise stock bike.  That's pretty significant for a bike that starts at 103 hp at the rear wheel. They will also re-flash for free as long as you cover shipping if you ever change your exhaust or want ECU options changed.  So, unlocking service is the same, but vcyclenut will tune it differently than 2wheeldynamics.  Also, 2wheeldynamics supports the forum both monetarily, just enough to help pay for the servers and bandwidth to keep the site operating and free, but also contributes solid evidence of which performance parts actually improve the bike the most to the forum community.  There's at least one exhaust I've heard of that's worse performance than stock without the tune.  There's no way to know this without the dyno results they have posted.  They are really a great partner, and worth supporting in my opinion. 
Sounds like 2wheeldynoworks really knows their stuff.
2008 Street Triple G
2015 FJ-09

Buy your own harness like I did (the software is free). It costs a plenty, but you can make modifications over and over for the same cost with immediate satisfaction.
Except you'll never know you're actually making improvements without a wideband and a datalogger and a dyno to prove the results.
One thing I noticed about the triple when I got my FZ was that it spun in the higher RPMs without any trouble and actually felt like it got smoother.  It never felt like it was struggling or wheezing.  Shifting became something of the past, not really, but done a lot less.  On the FJ, I can go into a series of corners marked 20-25 and never get out of 2nd gear, and if there is a little distance between the curves where I can get up to 80-85, 2nd works great as the compression braking is fantastic.  The tuning on the FJ is so far superior to the FZ that I have no desire to change it at all, but it would be nice to run it up to 130+ once in a while, you know, like 4th gear.  Since I don't race, any small tuning adjustment wouldn't really be noticeable, and since the bike is already on the edge of being too much, not needed.  Smooth is more important to me, and my FJ is smooth, or I have just gotten used to it in the 25K of riding.  25,552 when I got home last Sunday.  I am so happy with this little monster/master of torque that I'm out riding while you guys are in the garage fiddling with the ECU. ;)  Just kidding, enjoy reading all that you guru's are doing to make the bike better for you, Happy turning.  :)

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

From everything I have read here (multiple posts) 2wheeledynoworks flash also improves MPG by about 2-4 depending on riding conditions.

That allows milage to compensate for the flash cost rather than just eliminating the speed limiter.

Additionally, everyone claims a smoother throttle response. That equates to easier ride and reduced fatigue. More saddle time is always good.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived