Penske adjusting

gabefzr6

Do any of you guys or gals with a Penske shock have the torrington bearing on the rear preload adjuster?  I am wondering how difficult the Penske is to adjust preload on with this upgrade.  I take luggage on and off fairly often.
2008 Street Triple G
2015 FJ-09

• Premium Member
Do any of you guys or gals with a Penske shock have the torrington bearing on the rear preload adjuster?  I am wondering how difficult the Penske is to adjust preload on with this upgrade.  I take luggage on and off fairly often.
I don't have the banjo fitting option, but it should not interfere if you do unless you mount the remote adjuster in the way. Here is a clear shot of how easy it is to adjust on mine: [attachment id=402" thumbnail="1]

The hardest part is accessing the little set screw in one or two of the holes on the adjusting collar.

OOps, wrong collar. It is a problem to access either way as it is tucked way up.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• 4 weeks later...
I hate to say this but what is a torrington bearing? I have the Penske that Stoltec sells for the FZ 09. different setup but it works ok, does not interfere with PLXR mounts with V35 cases:

4bD6098.jpg
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

Archived