Aftermarket Turnsignals How To (Revised 12/23/15)

ULEWZ

• Premium Member
Just fitted these to the front turn signal location, more to come. linky

Spacers (2 per light) linky

Wiring Harness linky
This is how I wired them up as red running lights is not legal in California.
The yellow is always on as a running light, and the red flashes with the turn signals. Not the best, but that is what I bought.
Wiring: Redone with new turn signals that are white and amber.
Yellow (running light)(turn signal)
Blue (brake light, running light, didn't hook up)
Red (turn signal)(Super bright running light)
Black (ground).

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Instructions:
1. Remove three quarter turn fasteners each side and pop out left and right turn signal fairing pieces.
2. Using a pick or equivalent, remove 4 clip washers.

Clip%20Washers_zps6qq2vr5z.jpg

20151129_134306_zpsycrpw18l.jpg

3. Remove two screws securing fairing cover to fairing.
4. Pull back rubber turn signal tab and remove rubber clip.

TurnSignalTab_zpsjxic34fs.jpg
5. Wiggle turn signal out of fairing.
6. Obtain turn signals and wiring harness.

Wiring_zpsos9wve1g.jpg
7. Using nut (washer if included) and two spacers, secure turn signal to inside fairing piece and orient as required (trial fit on bike for orientation).
7A. Using heat shrink, solder yellow Red wire (running light) to bike yellow wire.
8. Using heat shrink, solder black Green wire (ground) to bike black wire.
9. Using heat shrink, solder red Yellow wire (turn signal) to bike red wire.
10. Using heat gun or match, shrink heat shrink over solder joint.
11. Relocated to step 7.

Spacers_zpsoavchiqa.jpg

LED%20Nut_zpsl18tkevp.png
12. Trial hookup turn signal to bike and do a smoke check. Verify inner LEDs come on with ignition, and the outer LEDs come on with turn signal input.

20151129_141244_zps1mr9ivip.jpg
13. After making sure the turn signal nut is tightened, but not to tight, Secure fairing pieces using 2 screws and 4 clip washers.
14. Ensure wire harness is connected, and using 3 quarter turn fasteners, install fairing pieces on bike. Ensure lower clip is in it's recess or it will protrude out.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Not sure I like these lights. I don't like the red on the front. I may change them out and just use them for the rear. Note, just changed the lights out to white running lights, and amber turn signals, and redid the instructions.

Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Why didn't you buy the ones with a white running light for the front like I did? I have posted pics of them before.
Tried to, can't find them. Do you have a link? Found them and reordered. Almost the same, but with white/amber.
linky

Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Just ordered a set. Always hated the pumpkins, and like the running light feature of these.
Make sure you order LEDs from the second link. You do not want the red running lights on the front like I got. It is fine for the rear.  
Correct Link

Here is the wiring for the correct lights. I will tweak the install instructions when I get them to confirm the wiring colors.

Specifications for Front Signals w/ Running Light:
Lens Color : Clear
LED Color : Amber and white
Body Color : Black
With 4 Wires
Brown: Running Light (Normal Light)
Red : Running Light (Super Bright)
Yellow: Turn Signal Light
Green : Negative (ground)

Specifications for Rear Signals w/ Tail Brake Light
LED Color : Amber and Red
With 4 Wires
Brown : Brake Light
Red : Brake Light (super bright)
Yellow: Turn Signal Light
Green : Negative (ground)

Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Just ordered a set. Always hated the pumpkins, and like the running light feature of these.
Make sure you order LEDs from the second link. You do not want the red running lights on the front like I got. It is fine for the rear.  
Correct Link

Here is the wiring for the correct lights. I will tweak the install instructions when I get them to confirm the wiring colors.

Specifications for Front Signals w/ Running Light:
LED Color : Amber and white
With 4 Wires
Blue : Running Light (Normal Light)
Red : Running Light (Super Bright)
Orange : Turn Signal Light
Green : Negative

Specifications for Rear Signals w/ Tail Brake Light
LED Color : Amber and Red
With 4 Wires
Brown : Tail Light
Red : Brake Light
Orange : Turn Signal Light
Green : Negative

Just got the new turn signals. They are crap. Much smaller than the previous ones, and one white LED is burned out of each one. The white LEDs are so dim, they are useless. I will leave the existing ones on and just swap the yellow turn signal wire with the red and leave the red LEDs off completely. May buy a different type in the future. New turn signals received, and they work fine. Very bright with 12 volts applied, the white at least.  
Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Zach, do you have a link to the non crap ones you used?
I bought mine off of eBay, but definitely paid more than the ones listed above....despite them looking the exact same as the cheaper ones posted above. I didn't search very hard when I bought em, lol. 
Nonetheless, here are the links:
Fronts
Rears

• 3 weeks later...
Received my signals in the mail direct from China. Ordered Dec 3rd, not bad. I tested them on a battery and everything works....good for a start. Will post pics when they are mounted.
2015 Matte Grey
Modded stock exhaust, modded stock screen, modded stock seat, OEM heated grips, LED indicators, FlashTuned ECU, ZX10R shock

Archived