New Member in So Cal (Orange County)

maxxam

Hi All,

I just joined a few days ago and been soaking up all of the great info. I am currently looking for a Grey '15 or Raven '16 USED FJ-09. I have cash in hand - no rush as it is the beginning of winter but I am ready to purchase when I find the right one.

- Greg

• 2 months later...
Update - I just picked up a used matte grey 2015 yesterday. Just a 50 mile ride home (all freeway) so still need to spend more time to bond. :)
Congratulations on your new ride and welcome to the forum.  
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

Update - I just picked up a used matte grey 2015 yesterday. Just a 50 mile ride home (all freeway) so still need to spend more time to bond. :)
Where are you in Orange County, I'm in Westminster.  I picked my new '15 gray up at Del Amo in Long Beach a couple weeks ago.  I've lowered it 1 1/4" and am waiting on Shad bags from the dealer (drop shipped of course, may show up this week).  I've also ordered mirror extenders and a radiator guard elsewhere. 

Where are you in Orange County, I'm in Westminster.  I picked my new '15 gray up at Del Amo in Long Beach a couple weeks ago.  I've lowered it 1 1/4" and am waiting on Shad bags from the dealer (drop shipped of course, may show up this week).  I've also ordered mirror extenders and a radiator guard elsewhere.
Awesome! I am in Laguna Niguel - not far at all. Which mirror extenders and radiator guard? We should plan on doing some riding together soon. 

Awesome! I am in Laguna Niguel - not far at all. Which mirror extenders and radiator guard? We should plan on doing some riding together soon. 
I got these extenders http://www.adventuretech.biz/yamaha-mirror-extenders.html because I didn't want the offset ones and these were cheaper anyhow.  Of course they are waiting 2 weeks for the material, figures. I got this radiator guard http://www.ebay.com/itm/161853658530?item=161853658530&viewitem=&vxp=mtr, we'll see.
I also have added the stock back rack, looks good to me.
I just ordered the CRG RC2 shorty levers from Revzilla too.
I gotta stop spending like this soon though, damn!  I traded a 2010 Concours that I had put quite a few goodies on, so I'm kinda spoiled that way I guess.
Your area probably has better day rides than mine, and we sure have the weather for a while, 90 today!

hey guys i frequently ride in orange county. Im from LA and just took a cruise down to San Clemente last week. Im up for a ride one of these days. Maybe a San Diego ride 

hey guys i frequently ride in orange county. Im from LA and just took a cruise down to San Clemente last week. Im up for a ride one of these days. Maybe a San Diego ride 
Hey Mike, Good to hear from you.  I'm hoping Maxxam knows some back roads down his way, I'm not overly fond of freeway riding unless it gets me to some fun back roads.  That should also help him and me get to know our bikes a little better.  How many miles do you have yours?
I'm basically retired, but have the school crossing guard split shift thing going pretty much every other week right now.  I guess that's a start on getting our schedules sync'd for a possible get together.

Hey Mike, Good to hear from you.  I'm hoping Maxxam knows some back roads down his way, I'm not overly fond of freeway riding unless it gets me to some fun back roads.  That should also help him and me get to know our bikes a little better.  How many miles do you have yours?
I'm basically retired, but have the school crossing guard split shift thing going pretty much every other week right now.  I guess that's a start on getting our schedules sync'd for a possible get together.

Hey Timg, Thats perfect I think we all got our bikes around the same time. I purchased mine late January of this year and just cleared my 600 mile mark today. Im still getting used to the bike as well. Im usually free to ride on weekends. I know of a few areas in orange county to ride canyons or just some freeway. That would be cool to meetup with you guys , I don't mind riding down your area since I usually ride down that way on the weekends. Lets setup a ride soon. 

Hey Timg, Thats perfect I think we all got our bikes around the same time. I purchased mine late January of this year and just cleared my 600 mile mark today. Im still getting used to the bike as well. Im usually free to ride on weekends. I know of a few areas in orange county to ride canyons or just some freeway. That would be cool to meetup with you guys , I don't mind riding down your area since I usually ride down that way on the weekends. Lets setup a ride soon. 
Hey Gregg Maxam - are you out there?  Mike's interested in coming down to the OC for a weekend putt.  How about you? 

Hey guys, I live in Irvine, close to Mission Motorsports. Bought my FJ 09 last night. I did my bio in the new guy intro section. Looking forward to meeting some new guys to ride with.
Awesome! I am in Laguna Niguel so close to you as well. Looking forward to riding soon. Maybe we should plan a South OC member meet-up. 

- Greg

I can ride most Sunday mornings, sometimes I have to work Saturdays. I bought the FJ09 because I have bad ringing in my ears and needed a quieter bike. So for now, I have to stay off freeways and under 50 mph to avoid helmet buffeting. It may take me few weeks to try a few different things to better manage wind flow and noise because I don't really want a big windshield. I can do Ortega to the Look Out or back roads to Fallbrook for lunch just about any Sunday morning.

Archived