New in No. Cal

rocklinmike

• Premium Member
Been lurking for sometime and figured I might as well register for access. Have an 06 FJR and REALLY love the bike but, she is a big girl! Nothing that can't be handled, but big nonetheless. Here is where the FJ enters the picture. Have read tons of reviews on all brands and the FJ ticks all the boxes. So, the Feejer will have a new stable mate in the next week or so. Thx to this forum, I have already compiled a list of farkles and mods. Looking forward to forum participation with the inmates.
Mike in Rocklin, Ca.
2015 FJ 09 Matte Gray
2006 FJR 1300
IBA member

Welcome abord, I can tell you from 6 month of experience that the FJ-09 is the perfect bike for the roads found in Nor-Cal and the Sierra Nevada mountains. Highway 70 through the Feather River is one that you can ride over and over again and enjoy it every time. Hope to see you riding in the months ahead.

• Premium Member
Thanks folks. Test rode a mat gray model. That was it. Had to have one. Test rode a GS waterhead last weekend. Real nice bike, but not 21k plus nice. The FJ will look nice by the FJR. Living right near and always riding the Sierras, I can't wait to unleash the FJ there. Yep, 162 round Bucks Lake, Quincy LaPorte road. Great bike rides in this part of the country. Be safe guys!
2015 FJ 09 Matte Gray
2006 FJR 1300
IBA member

Thanks folks. Test rode a mat gray model. That was it. Had to have one. Test rode a GS waterhead last weekend. Real nice bike, but not 21k plus nice. The FJ will look nice by the FJR. Living right near and always riding the Sierras, I can't wait to unleash the FJ there. Yep, 162 round Bucks Lake, Quincy LaPorte road. Great bike rides in this part of the country. Be safe guys!
Although I live in Vanc. WA, I have done Bucks Lake and Quincy LaPorte roads three times in the past two years.  Love those roads and would have done them again in October, but it was 90+ and my group wanted to stick to Hwy 1 at 70 degrees.  I will be down that way in June, maybe we can get together and do a ride.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Hey redfjniner,
Would enjoy hookin up for a ride. I assume you have riddin the many passes around theses parts. If not, you must. Be happy to show you some good roads. PM me before you come down this way. Got a coupla real good buddies I ride with always who would love to join in the fun!
Rocklinmike
2015 FJ 09 Matte Gray
2006 FJR 1300
IBA member

• Premium Member
Got my '15 matte gray FJ yesterday. Got my gps, phone holder, heated gear and SAE cables all installed last night. Rode with a buddy today. This bike frickin' rocks! Time for more farkles! Merry XMAS to all!
2015 FJ 09 Matte Gray
2006 FJR 1300
IBA member

Archived