How many from MI?

traverse

I'm Guessing Kansas Michigan is a new state; I'm also sure Cruizin will separate them after this post. :o
I thought I would check in and see how many other Michiganders are planning on getting this bike. Just another 20 degree night, dreaming of Spring.  Enjoying watching this site grow, and learning about my soon to be new bike.

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
MI FJ owner here! Sure wish I was from the north rather than the south (St. Clair Shores), I'd be riding tunnel of trees daily.

Headed to KY in a week to pick the bike up  :D
'15 FJ-09 - Candy Red. Mods: Cruizin cruise control, Givi D2122S WS & crash bars. Rivco anti-vibration highway pegs. Yamaha rear rack & softbags. RAM mount X grip at handlebar bolts. Shorty levers. Tail assembly shortened. FZ6 rubber pegs.
'05 Honda CRF450r
'77 Honda CB550f Super Sport

Anything above 40 degrees I'm riding the FZ, just put on some long johns and a few pair of socks combined with a leather jacket, and I'm good to go. It should hold up, next week we will be peaking into the 60s so get out and ride!

Have you taken your FJ into the UP yet?
'15 FJ-09 - Candy Red. Mods: Cruizin cruise control, Givi D2122S WS & crash bars. Rivco anti-vibration highway pegs. Yamaha rear rack & softbags. RAM mount X grip at handlebar bolts. Shorty levers. Tail assembly shortened. FZ6 rubber pegs.
'05 Honda CRF450r

Anything above 40 degrees I'm riding the FZ, just put on some long johns and a few pair of socks combined with a leather jacket, and I'm good to go. It should hold up, next week we will be peaking into the 60s so get out and ride!  
Have you taken your FJ into the UP yet?
Not yet, but will this year, I'm hoping Sargent finishes up their seat, otherwise I will put the Corbin on it.  I get sick of stopping every hour, my ass can't deal with the stock seat.  Week long trip planned in July!

From SE Michigan(Howell area) Just picked my fj up 3-15-16 .... just glad its home and waiting for warmer weather at this point. Its a long story about a terrible dealer! Yamaha in Cypress California got acquainted with me....they did not seem to happy to hear my story!

Congrats on your new bike! Hopefully they didn't hassle you too bad. 
'05 Honda CRF450r

Not yet, but will this year, I'm hoping Sargent finishes up their seat, otherwise I will put the Corbin on it.  I get sick of stopping every hour, my ass can't deal with the stock seat.  Week long trip planned in July!
That Sargent seat looks quite nice, wonder what the price tag will run. I did the 7.5 hour ride straight thru last Monday from Kentucky and my legs were shot. Week long? Sounds great! Where to?

'05 Honda CRF450r

I'm guessing the seat will be in the range of the FZ seat they currently have...?

As far as the ride, no real plan, head north, cross the mighty Mac, and let the bike decide from there!  My a$$ hurts just thinking about 7.5 hours straight.

• Premium Member
I'm guessing the seat will be in the range of the FZ seat they currently have...?
Perhaps if they sell the rider seat alone... however I would expect to be a fair amount more for the two piece seat.

2015 FJ-09 Red
2012 1200GS - sold
2005 1200GS - sold
2005 650GS - sold

• 4 months later...

Archived