Custom molded earplugs/earbuds

So do these get as loud as the stock Scala speakers? I heard they may not be as loud. I need an additional set for my Scena SMH10 units, so I can switch between my in ear monitor plugs and speakers.

My impression was that they are pretty equal volume, did not notice lower volume. The fidelity of the Tork X-pro speakers was better, especially more bass (when compared with my Scala Rider speakers).
They are much larger diameter than the Scala Rider speakers. Some people use an ampifier - but my focus was to reduce decibels not increase them.

I went back and forth with various earbuds to provide sound, then external speakers while wearing earplugs.
I know the webbikeworld review of the Tork X-pro said they were great and that they always wear earplugs and that is how they test them.

But to me, it was like holding pillows against my ears then paying extra for great fidelity speakers that were muffled by the earplugs - so they sit unused. I will sell for half price $40 delivered if anyone wants to PM me
1980 Yamaha 850 Triple (sold). Too many bikes to list, FJ-09 is next on my list

I bought these same speakers this past Summer, and installed them in a new Bell Star helmet, using a Jumbl bluetooth receiver and a small headphone amp.  It is so very, very close to loud enough, even with foam earplugs in my ears.  I think there's a good chance that if I re-install the Bell chin spoiler, the Puig touring screen will give me enough quiet air that these speakers will be loud enough, even at 75 mph.

I might be wrong but these dont look compatible with the Sena connectors....

Awesome. You may be a candidate for "helmet speakers" for music. 
I paid $80 for these Tork X-pro speakers a few weeks ago - used them twice and realized that there was no use in upgrading my Scala speakers if I was still using earplugs. But WITHOUT earplugs, these sound fantastic. I would sell them for half price, shipped.

http://i.imgur.com/4bbTGm0.jpg

So do these get as loud as the stock Scala speakers? I heard they may not be as loud. I need an additional set for my Scena SMH10 units, so I can switch between my in ear monitor plugs and speakers.

2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• Premium Member
I might be wrong but these dont look compatible with the Sena connectors.... 

This is what I have: linky 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

I bought these same speakers this past Summer, and installed them in a new Bell Star helmet, using a Jumbl bluetooth receiver and a small headphone amp.  It is so very, very close to loud enough, even with foam earplugs in my ears...
Trying the hear music from helmet speakers with foam earplugs is very different from having the music (or phone call) piped in THROUGH the ear plugs. As described in this thread there's the custom fit choices, and various ways to do it. 
When the sound is not muffled by ear plugs, there is zero issue with volume or clarity.

http://i.imgur.com/DqQZiE9.gif
http://i.imgur.com/AvJuQeJ.jpg

1980 Yamaha 850 Triple (sold). Too many bikes to list, FJ-09 is next on my list

Archived