Sena SMH 10 disassembly and cleaning

docsimple

Hey y'all,

I was having some issues with my Sena and had run out of non-invasive options to fix it. So I disassembled and cleaned and now its a happy camper. Here is how:

1. Remove the jog dial. You will need two pressure points and will probably create a notch in the surrounding plastic ring unless you maybe have some tiny hooks:

OkwLUzM.jpg

2. Pry up till you can grab and wiggle it off. Dont lose the spring and note that the little spring dongle sticks up:

4DSRbJQ.jpg

3. Get the right security star bit and remover the three screws in the back:

CoBtZq1.jpg?1

4. It is now open and you can wiggle the back off. It is held on by a rubber piece surrounding the pins so just gently wiggle it off:

WcRWJQL.jpg

5.  Inspect. If you have oxidation lightly swab with IPS (isopropyl alcohol, apply the India Pale Ale to your mouth)

PL6yFpV.jpg

6. Here is the battery, if anyone finds a good source for a replacement or an improvement I'm all ears!

jwUwKgM.jpg

After cleaning , also the connection points on the helmet mount and rolling the firmware back to 5.0.1 from 5.1.1 my Sena is ready for another season!

Enjoy

doc_simple

2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• Premium Member
I found some batteries on ebay, but will need the dimensions pretty please. linky

I think I found it: linky2

Stock specs:
E 602248 110523
560mAh 3.7v 2.07Wh

21mm wide x 40mm long x 6.5mm thick.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UUX99Uzn7Y] Found this youtube video to replace the battery:
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

dudes got some nice tools there! Also, I am concerned that the battery might not have the right connector for the moboard. I can solder, but like 1950's technology. Todays tech is a dirty so&so for soldering.

So, next. If anyone tries that battery let us know if it is plug and play! Although for $8 I may just pony up and get the damn thing.

thanks ULEWZ

funny+animals+010_.jpg

2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• 3 months later...
  • Premium Member
My wife's Sena battery is not lasting very long anymore. I just ordered two from Ebay for $19 total. I will post back on my results.
Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived