Early reviews, Honda Africa Twin is for real

Cruizin

full

full

full

And the reviewers are also saying that the DCT tranny is better off road than a clutch. Also reporting 50 MPG or greater range and the Showa Suspension seems to be very good, if not a little soft but that can usually be fixed pretty easily.

@richlandrick Are you working on anything for this bike? @motomachines is ready to sell Hepco Becker accessories.

I think that Honda is gonna sell a shet ton of these. See more at the Honda Africa Twin Forum

• Premium Member
wow, if my v strom had done that I might not have ended up here! 
realistically that bike would still never do that with me riding :)
do you do that sort of thing on your Tracer then? 

It's quite humbling when you see a skilled rider glide a large Adv bike over obstacles more suited to a 125cc KTM. 

Simon Pavey is a right bastard on a R1150GS that I would struggle to control bumping up a kerb.  

I hope Honda have finally got it right with the AT. I loved the original 750cc bike but they went into lalaland with the Varadero & Crosstourer, which became known as the Varadildo and Crossdresser this side of the Atlantic. 

My boss has a Crosstourer and says he is buying an AT, so I'll find out soon enough. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

wessie, my Tracer is not remotely built for that. I have had it off pavement though. Does gravel, FS roads fine.

If I want to do some silly shet on a single track I ride my WR250R. And yes, I could do all that on the WR. That last rock hop would get the clenching going good though :)

let me now edit to say this guy is obviously better than me. Watching these fools go to town is truly impressive. I work with a ex semi pro guy who says he was sponsored by 2wheeldyno back in the day. That man is crazy, knows his stuff though.
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

Yes, I will be obtaining an Africa Twin and making parts for it as soon as it becomes available in the states.  I'm more than a little anxious to get my hands on one.

An a seperate note, I have the auxiliary LED light mounting challenge figured out for the FJ and will be making mounts before the year is out.  Several of these products are common to both the FJ and FZ, so we will be expanding to the FZ site soon.

Yes, I will be obtaining an Africa Twin and making parts for it as soon as it becomes available in the states.  I'm more than a little anxious to get my hands on one. 
An a seperate note, I have the auxiliary LED light mounting challenge figured out for the FJ and will be making mounts before the year is out.  Several of these products are common to both the FJ and FZ, so we will be expanding to the FZ site soon.
Are you referencing an led mount that fits between the forks, under the front of the upper fairing, similar to the Yamaha accessory light kit?  That would be relevant to my interests. 

• Premium Member
full 
full

full

And the reviewers are also saying that the DCT tranny is better off road than a clutch. Also reporting 50 MPG or greater range and the Showa Suspension seems to be very good, if not a little soft but that can usually be fixed pretty easily.

@richlandrick Are you working on anything for this bike? @motomachines is ready to sell Hepco Becker accessories.

I think that Honda is gonna sell a shet ton of these. See more at the Honda Africa Twin Forum
.....ffffaaaaarrrrrrkkkkk!!! This is liable to rekindle my mother-in-laws comments..."Why do you have 3 motorcycles?".....me....."Because I can't afford 4..." I'm at two right now.... 

• Premium Member
Are you referencing an led mount that fits between the forks, under the front of the upper fairing, similar to the Yamaha accessory light kit?  That would be relevant to my interests. 

Not to hijack, but wanted to add, @richlandrick, I would definitely be interested in something like this as well, and I'm sure many others would be too. I requested some LEDs for christmas this year, and passing the time looking through other threads at how others have mounted them, so I'd love to see what you've come up with. 

Tell your "buddy" to get on africatwin.org and share some thoughts! Is you buddy names "Ari" ?

As soon as I get the eff yay paid off I will be signing for one of these, hopefully within the next year or two. One of my buddies got to go to South Africa and totally fell in love with it. I will be picking the manual variety.

Archived