Victory Sport Standard Survey

kltk1

Hey folks. I lurk here occasionally, but don't post enough. That being said, I promise this is not marketing spam, I don't work for Victory or any marketing firm. I put together a survey on Survey Monkey asking some questions about the possibility of a sport standard style bike, not unlike the FZ and FJ-09, built by Victory. If you have a minute I'd really appreciate your input. Again, this is not marketing BS, this is something I'm doing on my own just for the fun of it. Thanks, and please feel free to share the link with your friends, the more responses the better.

Thank you....

Victory Sport Standard Survey

• Premium Member
I'm not sure these surveys are totally reliable. It's easy to say, "Yeah, build it!" But that's not the same as spending real money to buy one.

This is exactly how the TDM850 landed in the USA. Yamaha surveyed people like me who said, "Cool, sell it!" But did I buy one? No, and almost nobody else did either.

Thanks. As I said, I don't work for Victory. This is just something for me to have some fun with and I don't have any plans to reach out to Victory with the results. As a Victory owner/fan since 2004 I know pretty well how the company operates, and believe me, they wouldn't pay any attention to a survey someone did with a max response of 1000 people.

It's only 8 questions, so, I thought it would be fun to kick it around just to see what he response would be and how people would react to the questions.

• Premium Member
This belongs in other bikes so I moved it. Interesting survey.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
I completed the survey. It was difficult to make only one selection for some of the questions. For example, styling is important to me for a sport standard, but I'd be hesitant to tell that to any American manufacturer because their idea of good styling is pretty far off from mine. I don't care for the sloping tank, high bar, ass dragging styling of cruisers at all, but that seems to be the only thing Harley and Victory know how to sell.

For that matter, I'm not a huge fan of the bobbed tail style that is de rigueur on sport standards from any country right now either. I'd much prefer a proper dual-seat and tail like on an early '80s superbike or a more recent XJR/ZRX/etc.

Please, Victory, anything but another damned cruiser!

Archived