• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Renthal Handlebars

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, peteinpa said:

Thanks, good to know. I'll check into those bars also.

Comfortable with those?

I love the Rizoma bars, the 005 might not be available anymore, there are a lot of online resources with Rizoma bar dimensions to help make your decision. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 1 month later...

Slow progress, I can still ride tomorrow and Sat. I haven't given up on this year yet.

On my new handle bar I cut 1/2 in. off each end and tapped the ends for the weights. I've never tapped anything before, it was an experience. I just hope the control holding section isn't too short, I might have screwed up.

• Supporting Member
45 minutes ago, peteinpa said:

I cut 1/2 in. off each end and tapped the ends for the weights. I just hope the control holding section isn't too short, I might have screwed up.

Golden Rule: Measure twice, cut once... 👍

I like my bars a bit narrower as well and have cut down many bars 1/2" - 3/4" on each side.  I usually measure each entire side, - grip, brake or clutch mount/ mirror stem, control pod etc. and add an additional 1/2" for adjustability just in case. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

What may have got me is it looks like the bar thins right before the first bend.

I want a nice finished end into the bar ends so the grips are going to ride 1/2 in. onto the narrow part of the bar ends.

I'll find out when the snow is flying.