• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Oregon RTE (Ride To Eat)?

keithu

Sho nuff! I would recommend later in the year, as red said its a muddy mess :(

of course, that can be fun too :)

Perhaps one weekend I can host the boss man. More properly we could do some ride and camps, off road or on. I went to an ADV meetup last spring that was pretty amazing. Would love to get the wife to trailer the db's and ride the FJ's on the road as we have some BACK roads here, if you know the roads its pretty open country.

And there is always southern Oregon, a half way m,eet. They have IN and Out down there now, thats enough reason for me to ride there.
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

Todays RTE to Wet Dog turned out great. No rain, what can make a ride better then no rain? Six folks showed up, although only one FJ, one FJR, one FZ1, one Super Tenere and one S2000. One FJR ride turned off at Longview. We went up the Washington side and crossed the bridge to Astoria and two went back to Beaverton by way of US30 and three of us took OR202. OR202 was closed just South of Astoria along the water, but we rode through the closed section, no problem and delt with a little snow and gravel on the road as well as fir needles. Debris was minor. Great day wish some of you could have made it.
Ken

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• Premium Member
Okay, since nobody else had suggestions I went online and found a place that I hope is decent. Here is the official call:

Ride-to-Eat
Saturday, January 2, 12:00pm
Blue Agate Cafe
1610 Pacific Ave
Oceanside, Oregon

The weather is supposed to be clear for the next few days, so crank up the heated gear and head out to the coast!

• Premium Member
Bump.

I'm still planning to head to the Blue Agate in Oceanside tomorrow (near Tillamook). It's supposed to be cold but sunny all day tomorrow. Get in a ride before the wet stuff returns on Sunday!

• Premium Member
Here are a few more images. There weren't many other motorcycles out today, because it was pretty chilly.

G4gU2pM.jpg

1Lq2pr0.jpg

92VG376.jpg

Lgpu7bX.jpg

It was cold enough that late in the ride I felt like I had ventured into Central Minnesota!
WyxNbCW.jpg

Sorry I missed the RTE Keith, I rode on the 1st and didn't want to do two cold days in a row. Lets do it again when it gets over 40. I did a RTE to Oceanside last year with a group Jan 7. It was a little warmer.  That was my first real ride on my new FJ.
[attachment id=476" thumbnail="1]

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• Premium Member
I rode back inland on OR-6, which was pretty dicey. I was surprised by all the snow and ice coming over the top since OR-18 to the south was clear. I had one good sideways slip on OR-6, after which I was content to putter along in a line of cars at 45mph. I could see why the Portland-area folks kept their motorcycles parked on Saturday!

• 5 months later...

Archived