Givi D2122S Windscreen

hi,
i installed the D2122S about 2 months ago and at normal cruising (130km/h) speed, this screen is a really good improvement. 
At higher speeds (so rather occasionally) the FJ got more sensitive to steer shake even with steering damper turned to increased damping compared to normal. i have the impression that the FJ stock screen does better at high speeds in fact in regard to bike stability.
any suggestions to get best of both, good wind protection and still good stability at higher speeds?
thanks Luc

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member
hi, i installed the D2122S about 2 months ago and at normal cruising (130km/h) speed, this screen is a really good improvement. 
At higher speeds (so rather occasionally) the FJ got more sensitive to steer shake even with steering damper turned to increased damping compared to normal. i have the impression that the FJ stock screen does better at high speeds in fact in regard to bike stability.
any suggestions to get best of both, good wind protection and still good stability at higher speeds?
thanks Luc

I've got the Givi D2122S on mine as well, with FJR side cases. Got it up to 125MPH today and it was stable as a rock with no steering damper. Of course, I was leaning forward behind the screen at that speed.
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

so i need to buy sidecases ;) since that seems to be the only accountable difference (hopefully the steering damper does what it needs to do)
could also be the wind, direction and humidity is at play. Today i learned that with almost no wind, stability was a lot better at higher speed.

• 2 weeks later...
Guys, sorry for bother you, but can i ask you if you can take a picture of the "flip" at the top of the screen ? I've an MRA XCreen Sport spoiler which is attached by removable clamps to the original windscreen and a shop told me that i can't use with the GIVI.... I'm very worried about it because i think that this GIVI windscreen is not only a good looking "sporty" screen but it seems to reduce well noise and "flapping" of the original one and i want to use it in combo with my spoiler.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...