Crazy Iron Crash Bar

Sure, as long as you let me use your bike.......
No problem.  My crash design.  At 74mph, lay bike down on left side, stay on bike, stand and ride it like a surfboard.  When bike flips you off, do a front flip, land on your butt and slide to a stop.  Bike must come to rest on top of you.  Why?  Thats the only slide test I know.  Of course, I added some improvements, like riding the moto like a surfboard, but I know you can do it with some practice. :D

Crickey! Was the bike a rightoff or did you rebuild it?

@dan I believe he was able to rebuild it.. he had the Higdonion crash cage and FJR bags which saved the bike from any structural damage. I'm pretty sure @redfjniner posted about his repairs, but I couldn't find it.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Rebuilt with new Olins on the rear and Traxxion dynamics on the front, and a Sargent seat. Those were added with cash from Insurance, in that I didn't replace some scratched parts when you couldn't see the scratches like on both front forks, and the speedometer but replaced the front sub frame and windshield mounting kit. I kept the gas tank even with some small paint chips on the right side. Most will not notice them. I also replaced the windscreen I fabricated from an old FJR touring unit with a VStream Sport Touring unit. The other damaged parts were replaced with OEM stuff:  front fender, headlight, turnsignals, red plastic on both sides of the fuel tank, both turn signal lowers and all the plastic liners and supports for fuses etc. Rear turn signal lights and license plate mounting frame were also replaced. Both FJR saddlebags were totaled so I replaced them with 08 FJR bags. Since the FJR saddlebags were not part of the OEM bike, they were not covered on claim, but there was a $1000 in there for accessories added. I'm very happy with the bike as rebuilt, especially with the new suspension.

5115176.jpg

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• 1 month later...

Archived