• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Yet another new windscreen on the market!

ULEWZ

• Premium Member
Not sure who makes this (I think it is an individual), but it looks pretty good. The tall is 6 inches more than stock, and the medium is 3 inches more than stock. It looks pretty good and has nice side protection. It also includes a different mount to make it more secure. I emailed the maker, and asked about the mirrors hitting. He said each screen was designed not to hit. Looks like it will hit, but oh well.

linky

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure who makes this (I think it is an individual), but it looks pretty good. The tall is 6 inches more than stock, and the medium is 3 inches more than stock. It looks pretty good and has nice side protection. It also includes a different mount to make it more secure. I emailed the maker, and asked about the mirrors hitting. He said each screen was designed not to hit. Looks like it will hit, but oh well. 
linky

That is a National VStream.  I would like to try one as I have done with other National windscreens.  They are usually very stout and don't wiggle around a lot like others do.  I like this unit but wished that they had followed some of the lines on the bike and picked up some of the uniqueness of the stock unit.  I wrote them and made some suggestions, but their response was that they wanted to be unique and not follow design style of the OEM stuff.  Go figure.  Here is my take on what I would have liked: 
4231744.jpg

4232591.jpg

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• Premium Member
Looks interesting. Thanks for the link. It looks like it has a steel plate in place of the small frame to connect the windscreen to the bike. From the small cuts, I'd guess that the handguards don't hit in one position (full up, only, for example).

Looks like it's from the Chicago area, so National Cycle maybe the seller...I ordered the tall...should be here within the week...

It is in their application guide on the website. P/N is N20316 short, N20317 mid and N20318 tall. Can't click on it to order though. I get an Ooops! error.

I just looked out my front door and lo and behold a box was sitting on my stoop. I opened the door and brought it inside and it looks like I am the owner of one of the first VStream windshields...too bad there is a foot of snow on the ground around here and its 14 degrees...

I will get pictures up tomorrow, but at first glance this thing is well built. Significantly more robust than the factory piece. If you have ever had a NC VStream shield before, this one is of the same quality..which is to say very well built. Another thing for farkle weekend!!!

I just looked out my front door and lo and behold a box was sitting on my stoop. I opened the door and brought it inside and it looks like I am the owner of one of the first VStream windshields...too bad there is a foot of snow on the ground around here and its 14 degrees... 
I will get pictures up tomorrow, but at first glance this thing is well built. Significantly more robust than the factory piece. If you have ever had a NC VStream shield before, this one is of the same quality..which is to say very well built. Another thing for farkle weekend!!!
Go ahead and fire that thing up and go for a ride. If you don't your not really from Minnesota. I took mine out just before the previous two snow falls. Get on it and ride.  LOL! :)

So I promised pics...I don't have it mounted yet...that will happen on Tech Day at the end of the month...but in lieu of installed pictures here are a few shots from my office to give you a sense of the size, construction and mounting. The bottom two bolts on the windscreen side will be fun...the rest looks pretty straight forward. It reuses the factory plastic mount for decoration only. I ordered the tall...the helmet in the pic will give you a little perspective on sizing.
P1015188_zpshoebl5vb.jpg
Mounting bracket perspective...
P1015190_zpssgpptjov.jpg
Beauty shot...
P1015189_zpsf41wmjbp.jpg
When we complete Tech Day I will post a pics of everything we did to the FJ.

I ordered the mid a few days ago and expect it sometime next week. I will get a couple of pics of them side by side and installed. I won't be able to test if the guards will hit because I shortend my guards to be more practical.

I went to the site but it will not let me get to the order page for the FJ 09 windscreen...I can't even see how much it would cost. I typed in the model # N20317 but the page link is dead. I guess I'll have to call the company. Anyone actually get it on the bike yet and try it out? Please post photos!

I just ordered the tall touring one off eBay as well, the seller has put up more for sale now. Not sure how he gets these as National told me they weren't selling them yet.... maybe pre sale market testing?
Anyway, just waiting now for delivery! As soon as I get it I will put it on and take it out for a spin as soon as I get a sunny day here!

Archived