FJ-09 vs Multistrada

I also test rode a 2014 Multi (with Skyhook) prior to buying my FJ. Referring to Donk's original post, he hit on two things that stood out to me; how small the Multi felt once under way and how good the Multi's suspension was (it should be for the price and technology, right?). The Multi was more refined, the FJ was more hooligan.

If I were to only have one bike, I would have purchased the Multi. But the FJ was to add to my stable, so I was specifically looking for a mid-sized bike. At the price the FJ was at, I knew I could address it's shortcomings, mainly the suspension, and still be money ahead. Plus I was able to keep the Ducati ST4s I was planning on selling to purchase a new bike. For me, the FJ was the right answer, but the Multi, as well as the S1000XR, are great bikes also, just not worth 2X the price in the situation I was in.

It's all subjective and people are so easy to exploit if you are a marketing man. They prey on a rider's insecurities. Not sure what insecurity they exploit to get someone to believe a Harléy Davídson is the correct solution, though.  
All hail the FJ09/Tracer. It meets my needs so fúck the marketing men. 

Love your comment about Harley's.  So funny:) 

I read of some Multistrada owners that were experiencing false neutrals. This moved me away from the Multistrada and toward the FJ09.
I have had my FJ for more than a year (first person to get one in my neck of the woods) and I still have the stock windshield. It does what it was designed to do very well. It keeps the wind off my chest and that keeps me from getting fatigued on long stretches of the highway. 

There's a huge price difference between these two bikes,and to compare quality of components is crazy,imagine what yamaha coold build for the price of a multistrada,and i have no problems with the stock screen,there are screen debates on every bike forum.
I know what Yamaha can build for 3/4 the price of a Multistrada. a '15 R1.  I had one.  The most amazing piece of machinery I have ever owned.  I think you may have missed my point which is regardless of price the FJ-09 is the better bike. 
Yamaha is already doing what you suggest in reference to the R1.  It's called the MT-10.  I want one so badly, don't need it, but I WANT one.  Unfortunately it is not available for the U.S. market.  Maybe Yamaha will rectify that soon. 

I don't know about the Duc Multi. but the BMW S1000XR would be awesome. only if....
It is! The FJ is very good but the XR is phenomenal. Also, I did not like the new Multi at all after a test ride. I couldn't get off of it quick enough. 

I still would like to see Yamaha do the same thing with the R1 motor, suspension and electronics. Imagine how good (and reliable) that would be. 

• 2 weeks later...
I know what Yamaha can build for 3/4 the price of a Multistrada. a '15 R1.  I had one.  The most amazing piece of machinery I have ever owned.  I think you may have missed my point which is regardless of price the FJ-09 is the better bike. 
Yamaha is already doing what you suggest in reference to the R1.  It's called the MT-10.  I want one so badly, don't need it, but I WANT one.  Unfortunately it is not available for the U.S. market.  Maybe Yamaha will rectify that soon.
In addition to not being available in the U.S. it is a naked bike.  Hopefully they will build one more like the FJ-09 or FZ1. 

Archived