Strange noise when shifting to neutral and releasing clutch.

Has anyone else noticed their FJ-09 making a different noise after placing the bike in neutral then releasing the clutch?  It almost sounds like a throw bearing going bad.  I'm also noticing a similar noise at very slow speeds in first or second.  I'm off to the dealer Tuesday if it isn't raining.
Brad
Selbyville, DE

Yes, I have the same noise when I release the clutch at a stop light. I don't seem to have a similar noise when traveling, but I will start paying attention.

Not sure what the noise is, the bike runs and shifts smooth. I have about 1800 miles on mine. What is your clock at?

I can't say what's going on with your bike but on mine when in neutral there's an additional faint rattling noise from the primary drive with the clutch out. I've had that in other Yamahas and other bikes with similar primary drive design. It's normal. I think it's the primary gears rattling together because there is no load on them.

I currently have a bit over 1400 miles.  It definitely was not making this noise before but I'm relieved to hear that it is a normal trait of the bike.  Thanks for the feedback.
Brad
Selbyville, DE

• Premium Member
clutch plates can rattle when not under load - my Tracer makes this noise. As I've had bikes with dry clutches in the past, which are even noisier, I don't worry about it.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived