that went south pretty quickly...FJ paperweight

com3

• Premium Member
I've got about 26 years of dirt riding experience, 10 on the track, and about 400,000 miles of being a hooligan on the street...So, muscle memory just kicks in at that point. Haha.
Yep, but I still keep a lucky rabbits foot on each of my bikes for a situation such as this.  :D    
Jon

I've got about 26 years of dirt riding experience, 10 on the track, and about 400,000 miles of being a hooligan on the street...So, muscle memory just kicks in at that point. Haha.
Yep, but I still keep a lucky rabbits foot on each of my bikes for a situation such as this.  :D  

Roger that! Haha

• Premium Member
I'd like to swap the pan for the new one, but it looks like the exhaust covers several nuts on the pan. 
I might do the low profile drain plug mod instead:
http://fj-09.org/thread/540/low-profile-drain-plug-install

I've not heard of anyone having an issue once the "low profile drain plug mod" is done. I modded mine 10 months ago and can tell you that the catcon and header pipes are both lower than the drain plug now. 
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

That sucks! I hit a pothole on my C14 a few months back and thought I was going to eat it. On a major US interstate no less. Was leaned over at 60 mph changing lanes in a point in the curve I'd never changed lanes in before, hit a pothole I'd never noticed prior and got really loose. If I'd been two up the same thing probably would have happened to me that happened to you. I'm amazed you kept it on two wheels, nice riding.

• 10 months later...
Glad to hear you are both ok, but sorry to hear about the FJ. It's even the faster red color :(
Pretty sure the OP has fully recovered by now, since it happened in December '15 ?

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

Actually, that rabbit doesn't sound lucky at all..... 
So, is there a new oil-pan on the 2016 or 2017 models? 

mines a 2016, has different oil pan, drain plug is on the front side......  

• 7 months later...
well....i smashed another oil pan the other day. i'm getting a skid plate now. there's a group buy for the higdonion skid plates if anyone else is interested. i should have learned my lesson after the first oil pan. 
https://www.groupbuyparts.com/hgd_sv/higdonion-upper-cage-add-on-or-full-crash-cage.html
You need to get some stiffer springs too apparently...

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• 10 months later...
Group buy is a year old and I agree up the rear pre-load or a smaller girl friend.... I personally ride one off max and many other FJ owners ride at max preload. Also consider tightening the rebound on the rear by at least 180 degrees from stock. Tough luck but great save... could have been much worse

• 1 month later...