• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Who's riding this new years day and where?

ULEWZ

• Premium Member
Some friends and I always do a new years day ride. It is a bit cold, so the location is up in the air. So where are you all riding off to, to kick off the new year?

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Rode with 4 motorcycles this morning. Saw from 40 degrees up to 60 degrees depending on location. The guys on sportbikes were frozen and needed to find a place to warm up. Ty and I were great with our F-Jays and grip heaters. I used my highest setting when it was in the 40s with high levels of wind. My new Slider ADV gear with liners was great. I also had a neck gator on and a thin turtleneck shirt. I used my track gloves and was fine with the grip heaters. I was toasty. Hope you all had an uneventful New Years and if you rode, had a good ride.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
[wet blanket] I had to work today. And tomorrow as well. Dammit. [/wet blanket]

Next weekend is open, though. :)
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

New years' day - did about 300km up in the hills. Tagged along with a Superduke for a bit.
It was warm, 27-31C (80-88F), so I tested my sheepskin seat cover and a new Revit evaporative cooling vest, which was amazing.
It turned an uncomfortable ride into a pleasant experience.
dam2_zpssjjsg40a.jpgdam1_zpsxbcytatu.jpg

Archived