Shad Semi Rigid E48 side bags

• 1 month later...
Bought them and am not too pleased with the rain covers: first ride (4 hours) 1 leaked, the other one... well have a look for yourself: sanstitre78dbf19f9156d3f3c495b9b3473515a4.jpg

Since the rain covers aren't mentioned on their site, but water proof zippers are, I suspect the covers are not meant to be on when riding, but if the bags are left in a sustained rain? 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I am having the worst experience with Shad. I ordered my E-48s a week and a half ago, and they still haven't shipped. My card has been charged, though. Repeated emails and calls went unanswered all last week until Friday afternoon, when a man told me that UPS 'doesn't come to pick up their packages as often anymore' (even though the package has a tracking number? Hard to believe) but he'd check with the warehouse and get back to me by COB. That didn't happen either. It's been sitting in 'Ready for UPS' since last Tuesday. I asked if he even had them in stock, he said yes, plenty, but it's UPS' fault and UPS is making Shad look bad. They even sent me an email saying my order has shipped, but UPS is saying that only a label has been printed.

So hey, just called UPS while writing this, and they told me that ShadUSA's UPS account has been suspended, and that's why no drivers have been stopping by to pick up packages. I could pay an additional $15 to get a driver to go over there and get it (no WAY am I paying more, and because the account is suspended, UPS won't just charge it to Shad) or just hope they happen to see a driver passing by and ask them to pick up their outgoing stuff. Or, you know... cancel the order and try to find them elsewhere.

9/6 *UPDATE*

Shad emailed me just now to say the reason they haven't sent them yet is because they just got a big shipment in from manufacturing, and they spent all last week unpacking that shipment and hope to ship my bags today. I let him know that UPS is telling a different story (see above), but I would give them the benefit of the doubt and expect a shipping notification today.
We shall see.

s e t h
2015 FJ-09 (The Me Bike) - CalSci, RAM, Shad, Givi, CrampBuster, Grip Puppies, GoPro, my custom Garage Door Opener Mod
2014 Valkyrie (The We Bike) - Too much to list, and no one on this forum cares anyway :)

9/6 *UPDATE*

Shad emailed me just now to say the reason they haven't sent them yet is because they just got a big shipment in from manufacturing, and they spent all last week unpacking that shipment and hope to ship my bags today. I let him know that UPS is telling a different story (see above), but I would give them the benefit of the doubt and expect a shipping notification today.
We shall see.
I'm cheering for you, order66. I've shopped around, and have decided I'm going with Shad hard bags. The price, the look, the unobtrusive mounting bracket all contribute to my decision. I'm hoping for a good experience with their shipping/fulfillment. The product appears to be top notch. It seems some folks only encounter fulfillment issues. Fingers crossed for us both! 
UPDATE 9/10 - My Shad SH36 bags were picked by UPS and are in transit according the UPS' site. Mine are due to arrive next Tuesday, 9/13/16. I hope yours are on their way as well.

UPDATE 9/14 - Both packages arrived last night, as scheduled. Boxes marked "Fragile" as well, and are in good shape.

9/12 *UPDATE*
The bags finally arrived (had 'em shipped to work), and they're in a box marked FRAGILE and the box is all banged up. Contents appear to be ok, guess we'll find out when I try to install them this evening. Bags appear to be pretty high quality, I will say. Hope I'm happy with them later on tonight.
s e t h
2015 FJ-09 (The Me Bike) - CalSci, RAM, Shad, Givi, CrampBuster, Grip Puppies, GoPro, my custom Garage Door Opener Mod
2014 Valkyrie (The We Bike) - Too much to list, and no one on this forum cares anyway :)

• 4 years later...

I have a pair of E48 bags I use with my Kawasaki Z650 that I want to port over to an as yet unacquired '15 FJ09. I've found the model number of the mounting part Y0MT95SE but can't seem to find any website that stocks them. Could you please help me out? I'm also open to buying them used if anyone's willing to sell them.