Hello

lamwayne

Congrats! I like the matte grey myself over the red. I've been to Hong Kong (privelage of being in the US Navy) and had a great time but I did notice that there isn't much for riding there. Lots of congested roads and then goat paths through and up the mountains. I'm curious as to where your riding!

You are right about the lack of road space in Hong Kong. The largest loop is probably only 200km without going through the same road twice. The fj (we call it mt09 tracer here) is for getting around town and commuting to work.

I do all my travel riding trip in China on a 150cc suzuki and recently completed a trip to Tibet on that baby.

That sounds like a good time!!! Touring on a 150 to Tibet? Yeah, I'd try it but I get sweaty hands thinking of the traffic there and the power of a 150 doesn't offer much to get out of trouble.

Be sure to post some pics of the FJ and the pretty countryside out there when you get some seat time with the new bike.

With all the farm animals roaming freely and all the crazy things going on on the road in China, a 150 actually keeps one out of trouble more often than not being able to get one out of trouble.  However, it really lacks in the power department and could only reach 40 km/h when climbing at 5000m lol.  It will be upgraded to a 250cc but will come after the FJ

Guest eatpasta
Greetings from Hong Kong to all fellow owners!  Just ordered my matt grey on Monday and hopefully the registration paper work would be ready by the end of this month.  
hey there!  Hong Kong is a beautiful place - my wife has family there as well as Vietnam so we've visited both. 
   Did you grow up there or do you live there for business?

Greetings from Hong Kong to all fellow owners!  Just ordered my matt grey on Monday and hopefully the registration paper work would be ready by the end of this month.  
hey there!  Hong Kong is a beautiful place - my wife has family there as well as Vietnam so we've visited both. 
   Did you grow up there or do you live there for business?

I grow up here but also spent a few years in North America, Canada in particular. 

Archived