Accessory outlet problems

vex

• Premium Member
Has anyone had problems with their accessory outlet? I tried using mine for the first time yesterday and found out it doesn't work. I checked the fuse, power at both sides of the fuse, and the connector(s) behind the windscreen. I had power at both sides of the fuse, but no power at either connector behind the windscreen, white *or* black. It's like there's an open somewhere after the fuse panel...

• Premium Member
I've made sure the accessory works, I've PULLED the fuses and inspected them visually as well as testing for voltage. There is NO VOLTAGE anywhere past the fuse block. Not even with everything plugged in and testing voltage AT the socket itself. Nor is there any voltage at the connector where the socket plugs in. Nor is there any voltage at the OTHER connector for the secondary accessory outlet. And yes, I checked everything with the engine running as well as just having the key turned on. Same results either way. I was just curious if anyone else has had a similar issue. It's still under warranty so I guess I'll take it to the dealer and let them argue with it.

Archived