New guy in SoCal, OC.

koconut

Hello everybody,

I found the forum while researching the FJ-09.  Been in the market for a two-up machine for a little while now.  I had previously pined for a Super Tenere but after sitting down with my fiancee and discussing our next bike purchase, we decided that my allusions of offroading and camping were prob not going to happen with her on the back.  Secondly, I dont think I'm ready to let go of sporty machines.  My last new bike was an Aprilia Tuono V4R and God do I miss her!!!!  

I am currently riding an old 1993 Honda VFR750 that I have been bringing back to life for the last couple of years and am awaiting my last piece from Airtech to finish off the fairings.  Have some other things planned for that bike, but that one is just for me messing around on the weekends.  When I find a new FJ, that will be the weekend bike for me and my wife and the commuter for me.

Anyways, I look forward to meeting with you socal guys in the future and will update when I get my new FJ...

Thanks!!!

Welcome! Realistically if you put the Higdonion cage/plate on the bike you definitely can do some "off-roading" - meaning gravel/fire roads for camping. I know I will be!

I'm coming off a V Strom that would go about anywhere, but the truth is this will go 90% of the places that the V went. Mostly I found I was riding 500 miles on-road and 50 off. 10 miles off-road will get you to great, private camping in most places.

Enough about the off-roading though, this bike will eat up the 500 miles on road like a pile of bacon :)
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

I am currently riding an old 1993 Honda VFR750 that I have been bringing back to life for the last couple of years and am awaiting my last piece from Airtech to finish off the fairings.  Have some other things planned for that bike, but that one is just for me messing around on the weekends.  When I find a new FJ, that will be the weekend bike for me and my wife and the commuter for me. !!
Welcome to the forum 
Hopefully your VFR doesn't suffer the same fate mine has. I road her yesterday while waiting for my ECU to get back from Nel's (flashy flash) but other then that, she sits in the stable only to be pulled out and started every month or so.

Maybe consider doing the oil pan mod with Mazda flat drain plug if your wanting to do much off road. I'm doing mine and seldom take the FJ through dirt. Don't want to clean it all off. link

Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

I will always love the VFR. So much character, they'll never make them like that again. Love those gear driven cams. I change my mind all the time when it comes to a game plan with that bike though.

That's a great idea with the oil plug. I was reading motorcyclist or cycle world (can't remember) and they had an issue where the test rider was losing off a curb and caught the oil drain bolt. Cracked the oil pan, bad news bears.

My wedding is next month so I will be looking to buy right after that.

Archived