Nice Fender Eliminator Kit

• Premium Member
Pictures
First pic: looking straight up from underneath.  The plate is the white line you see in the picture.  Sorry for the dirt - we had some wet roads yesterday.  All you see is the plate that mounts to the plastic undertail.  Toward the bottom of the picture is the breakout piece if you want to mount turn signals.  Don't think they'll fit with bags (you can see the left bag and it's tab at the bottom of the picture).  The wire coming out is for the seller's LED license plate light (recommended).  You can see the LED to the left of the plate.  IIRC, that's the only thing I had to splice -- everything else is connectorized.
20170211_221337.jpg

This is all you see under the passenger seat - four bolts.  These aren't included with the kit.  I just used a mix of locking nuts and loctite.  It's been on the bike for maybe 6 months, all weather, but not much mileage, with no problems.

20170211_221452.jpg

• 2 months later...
I would like to revive this thread and ask if any of you have any install write ups/you tube videos on installing a fender eliminator/tail tidy. Everything I see on you tube is an FZ 09 and not the FJ. Is it really that similar?
2016 FJ09

• Supporting Member
I would like to revive this thread and ask if any of you have any install write ups/you tube videos on installing a fender eliminator/tail tidy. Everything I see on you tube is an FZ 09 and not the FJ. Is it really that similar?
I dont have a write up but it is VERY easy.  Pay attention when you remove the stock piece and literally replace the new one in reverse order.  The hardware attaches with 4 bolts and the turn signal wires are routed exactly like the stock wiring up under the seat.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

I dont have a write up but it is VERY easy.  Pay attention when you remove the stock piece and literally replace the new one in reverse order.  The hardware attaches with 4 bolts and the turn signal wires are routed exactly like the stock wiring up under the seat.

Does the rear section have to come off as in the side rails and other plastic back there? 
2016 FJ09

Archived